Ratings for Dr. David J. Smith

I, too had a problem with asking questions (probably too many). He told us he wouldn't perform the surgery. After eating humble pie he did the surgery. He'a done two hips and one knee replacements for me and it really was a good experience after the bump in the road.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I don't know where to start. I accompanied my elderly mother on her visit with him. She brought a notebook and pen in order to write down notes and questions for him. After his exam, she said she had a few questions to ask regarding his suggested treatment and he told her that she should trust his judgment and not ask questions. I was shocked by his response and said that most doctors welcome patient participation regarding their care and he then said that we should just go ahead and see "those" doctors and he would not be willing to take my mother on as his patient. He then left the room and left both of us with our mouths hanging open. Never have I come across a man as rude and arrogant as this.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2007

Dr. David J. Smith's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)