Ratings for Dr. Allison S. Lipsey

If you enjoy rearranging your entire work and personal life to see this Dr. Allison Lipsey then go ahead a schedule with her, because I guarantee she will call you the day of the appointment every time and say she is out sick and they will have to reschedule for several weeks later!! Two times in a row now- fly back from family vacation ahead of the other family member only to be canceled the next morning- plan and arrange my work week for the second follow up visit and get a call again the day of appointment and told she is out sick and won't be back for 6 days and they will call then to reschedule .

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Probably the best and most attentive doctor I have ever encountered. Saw her for two years. Every appointment was on time within five minutes. Her staff is very friendly and efficient. She is very thorough and listens to me without interrupting. None better.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Referred to Dr. Lipsey for some inflammitory issues that appeared suddenly (leg 5X the size of my other) 1st visit was great, very thorough and she did help me. Next ones, didn't tell me about any of the results of 10 vials of blood she took BOTH visits and was rude because I told her I wanted a second opinion after she gave me her working diagnosis based on no concrete evidence but processes of elimination. Put me on some dangerous chemo meds at that. Lack of communication skills and she actually yelled at me during one visit for misunderstanding about taking or not continuing to take a steroid med mixed with the chemo meds. Walked right in while I was undressing to pounce on that issue. Then told me "you start to take 10 per day now" Uh, 10 per day, I ask? Well, that means 5 mgs two times a day she tells me in a very snotty tone. She does NOT communicate well at all! Good thing I care enough about my health to ASK her the right questions. I will not be returning

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Allison S. Lipsey's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)