Ratings for Dr. Thomas M. Novella

I liked him right away. He listened to me and my foot history. I'm still getting my foot figured out by him, but we'll see what happens. I have faith.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Extremely caring, extremely helpful, took time and listened. He asked me very specific questions to try to figure out exactly what my issue was. Very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Was mislead about appointment. Receptionist told me would be 45 min for $275 but was 20 min. Expecting 45 min I saved my questions and after 20 min Dr. Novella said times up. He seemed very lethargic, and disconnected from his work. Certainly has knowledge and experience but seems irritable, and burnt out. Considering he is expensive wont be hard to find a more engaged and energetic dr.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I went to see Dr Novella last week for foot pain and left the office in tears. Dr Novella was border line rude and I quote an other patient's remark as I have exactly the same sentiment: "he is negative, pessimistic, ill-tempered and demeaning. Maybe he's burned out. He ought to retire." I will never go back or recommend Dr Novella to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

A very kind and caring doctor who is extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I'm a big fan of Dr. Novella. I met with him 3 years ago for Hallux Limitus and have visited multiple times since for followups. He does not perform surgery. I specifically wanted to meet with a non-surgeon to get an unbiased opinion. He was caring, extremely knowledgeable and displays really great common sense (sounds silly but I greatly appreciate this in a Dr.) At times his manner can be a bit abrupt (aka when I had decided to do a dif calf stretch than the one he recommended, he was a bit crabby about it) but I take it a as a sign that he actually cares and is vested in his patients. He recommended insoles for me instead of surgery and referred me to an excellent physical therapist. I do still have some issues with my foot so surgery may be something I need in the future, but his advice was sound and accurate. At my last visit he did give me names of two of the best surgeons so I could meet with them and explore that option. For me he's a trusted caregiver. My app'ts usually start EXACTLY to the minute as scheduled. His staff is helpful - went above and beyond to assist me when my insurance company messed up several things even though they don't accept my insurance. Again, they also seem to genuinely care and are conscientious individuals.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Great Doctor-he really helped me. The orthotics that he made lasted a long time. I haven't seen him a few years but the exercises that he told me to do were very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I had extreme foot pain for several years and went to four different podiatrists before seeing Dr. Novella. With the other dictirs I had injections, orthotics, exercises--none of which solved my problem. The third podiatrist recommended surgery so I decided to try Dr. Novella who was recommended to me by a orthopedic surgeon I contacted for a second opinion. Dr. Novella listened, responded and recommended exercises and a form fitting orthotic which I received a week later. Within a few weeks my problem was completely solved-- no surgery was necessary. Months later I am completely pain free. I have recommended him without reservation.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

He was surly and impatient and had no suggestions for my condition, an extremely painful type of arthritis, other than having a custom shoe made. The design was so similar to something I had already tried that I declined. I requested an orthotic but he insisted that it would not help. The visit was a waste of time and money, and I will never go back to him, and would never recommend him. Subsequently I bought a shoe insert via the internet, something mass produced and not custom made, but designed specifically for my foot disorder. It cost about $55 and has taken away much of my foot pain. Dr. Novella did not even suggest it. I found it on my own. He's worse than useless; he is negative, pessimistic, ill-tempered and demeaning. Maybe he's burned out. He ought to retire.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013