Ratings for Dr. Arlene M. Martinez

I've been a patient of Dr. Martinez for a little over two months, and I am so grateful I found her!  I've had some not-so-great experiences with psychiatrists in the past, but this doctor is the real deal.  She's knowledgeable, caring, a good listener, and extremely entertaining. She's also the first person to devise a successful treatment plan for my anxiety.  Excelent doctor wish she was easier to find.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I have never been to such an unprofessional and unorganized Psychiatrist as this doctor is, and her office staff are also extremely rude and they both are have lied about their cost including not having me sign in upon arrival at my first scheduled appointment which I was 30 minutes early to fill out my paperwork and then I was told that if was ever late for a scheduled appointment I would still be charged for it and I would have to make another appointment for a different time and day!! She also had a leaving letter from other Doctor of the past 10 years due to his retirement from practice! I then waited almost 2 hours after my scheduled appointment time and I was told if I was late for an appointment I would be charged for the appointment and also I would not be seen at all that day!! I was asked to pay in cash $16.00, to the doctor who I was seeing Dr.Arlene Martinez, and I didn't receive a receipt for my cash payment for my appointment and I have insurance which doesn't have a co-pay! I was told that I was going to have pay the $16.00 dollars for my next appointment & again no signing in when I arrived and then on my second 3 months appointment I was informed that I now would be paying $160.00 dollars for my appointment and they had received my EOB from my insurance company which I immediately called to check this out and I was told by my insurance company that was not their insurance company code number!! My Insurance Company asked to speak with the Office Manager who then handed me a written receipt dated for the 3 months earlier appointment in May 2017, which read $16.00/co-pay!! On my second appointment date of August 2017!! I don't have a co-pay on my insurance coverage when the Dr.Martinez came out of her back rooms, lit up like a Christmas Party in every room which also smells of burning incense!! As a migrainuer, I am truly happy not to be seeing her again as I then was told by her if I didn't want to pay my "co-pay", (which I showed her my insurance card showed $0, for office visits) she said she was still charging me for $160 dollars for my appointment that day, which I was told not to sign in as a patient for my 11am appointment that I could just leave which I did! I am also calling my Insurance Company again for my complete correct information about this situation and she thinks that she can do anything to her patients with insurance and get cash payments with out giving the patient any type of written receipt of the cash she has just received from me(her patient and not having me sign in, which then also means I wasn't even there that day! I was told that I would have to have the cash payment of $16.00 for each appointment which she was only doing refills, no talk therapy she read my Leaving Letter from my retireing Doctor which she said was over prescribing my medications whom I had been seeing for the last 10 years and he had his own private practice for 50 years and I am much better thanks to him and he was extremely kind, considerate of my problems and he had me on the lowest doses of the prescribed medications for my situation and he was also very educated and skilled in his profession and he was working with my insurance company and I would be receiving my EOB's from my insurance company and it would read, this is not a bill, and I would then receive a correct bill from his accounting office!! I would never recommend her to anyone else as she does not operate her office in the correct way of getting patients to pay her "CASH!" "NOT SIGNED IN!" "NOT GIVING THEM A WRITTEN RECEIPT OF THE CASH PAYMENT SHE HAD RECEIVED FOR THE 15 MINUTES OF TIME FOR HER TO WRITE OUT THE PRESCRIPTION!!" This is not a professional doctor or even a normal way of doing business with anyone!! By the way, like another person wrote earlier just because a person is seeking medical treatment from any type of doctor doesn't discount the truth of how she conducted herself and her office practices!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Martinez is extremely competent and experienced - her recommendations have helped me with all kinds of issues. She very intensely focuses on every aspect of a patient's health and considers everything about you. She is extremely intelligent and utilizes all possible information to help heal you.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Martinez takes the time to listen to all my concerns and addresses each one. I love how private her practice is. I highly recommend Dr. Martinez.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Very good experience. The office staff was very helpful, the wait time was less than 5 min and the doctor was excellent. Great experience thank you Dr Martinez.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I am pleased with the service, the staff and the Doctor. She explained to me what I needed and why.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Martinez for years. She really takes the time to listen to you and you never feel rushed. I appreciate her genuine concern to want to help me.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Very nice office. Everyone is friendly. Dr Martinez is very professional and spends plenty of time with you.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I just had to leave a review. The experience at this office was one of the best I have had.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

've read all the reviews regarding the staff here and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. At no point did I feel the staff was inconsiderate, rude, or anything of the sort. They were very polite, were very responsive, and everything was done very quickly. I filled out my new patient paperwork, was taken care of less than a minute after turning it in, got my prescription, and was able to reschedule my next appointment in three weeks all in less than 10-15 minutes.I was very nervous considering I had never needed medicating in the past, or rather that I did not know I needed it until now, but everyone made me feel welcome and I am grateful for the relieving experience. Thank you

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Arlene M. Martinez's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Lutz, FL