Ratings for Dr. Laura Wung

While Dr Wung is polite and exceedingly kind, she is very hard to see. She is booked often 6 months out, and once now when I've finally got an appointment, she ended up not being available so I saw a nurse practitioner. The main issue I have however is her lack of knowledge in some matters. Specifically, I have veinous stasis in my legs. When I went to Dr Wung about a wound in my left let that hadn't healed in 2 months, she couldn't diagnose me, which is fine as most people my age don't have VS, but she said, don't worry about going to the ER about the wound unless it started to smell strongly. The wound was hot and bright red, so that same night I went straight to the hospital...it was seriously infected and I almost lost my leg. When I saw Dr Wung again, she apologized. I accept the apology, but a Dr should know once a wound starts smelling strongly...you've let it go far too long. Unfortunately, I can't get past that incident.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Laura Wung's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

• BCBS Massachusetts