Ratings for Dr. Nalini Janakiraman

Dr. Janakiraman is very uncaring, and heartless. I do not recommend her at all. She may be a specialist in her field but I do believe she needs more education. I highly do NOT recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I received a bone marrow transplant from dr. Jana and ken along with the kind and very Busy specialists and staff that may be understaffed at times but that goes for the whole of medical staffing in this country . I personally would prefer doctors who know their s**t and knowledge of the medicences and how they interact with each other and a million diffrent factors Above anything else . and I beilieve they did this perfectly in my case. They were honest up front about the hills that needed to be tackled without sugar coating things, which I aprecieated. It sucks to get cancer and it don't always work out. I believe she's a straight shooter and will tell you your best shot at the best outcome. I'm not sure what more you could ask for. I was disappointed to see some of these other reviews being so low. So thanks Dr. Janna and team for focusing on the important things without sugar coating and wasting time .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Jana and doctor ken are very knowledgeable with cancers but aren't capable of giving each patient the independent time each deserves. Very understaffed and gave my family hope for my father's recovery. My father died a long painful death trusting them with his life and trusting their promises and words to him..

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr Janakiraman has a mild and pleasant personality at first glance. However, I don't think this woman carefully listens to her patients, even though it seems she pretends to listen. She has a business to run at Henry Ford Hospital as the head of their bone marrow transplant department & that appears to be her main concern. In my opinion, she robotically adheres to cancer protocols and does not readily address patient issues, concerns or complaints outside her "cancer specialty". It seems that she (along with other doctors) diminishes basic factors of ill health because she is primarily focused on a particular cancer diagnosis and treatment, not the patient. I rate her "0". Doctors took a Hippocratic oath of "first do no harm". They did not take an oath to promote chemotherapy. Today's hospitals and health clinics across the country fail miserably as places of healing. But, they have become first-rate profiteers, along with doctors, in using cancer as a successful income stream.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Spends alot of time with pt. but looks at watch always. No back up if she is on vacation. Very good knowledge but dislikes it if you ask alot of questions. Good clinical skills but needs better PA's to help her.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2007

Always informs her patients about all treatments. Has a positive attitude with a plan. Very caring and includes the whole family when addressing treatment plans. Never have we felt rushed at an appointment. We feel very comfortable with her wisdom.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2006

Never calls back, even when patient is in critical condition. Could say much more but I won't. Just say that she is arrogant, has absolutly no bedside manor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2006

Dr. Nalini Janakiraman's Credentials

• Stanley Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1967)

AARP