Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey H. Westrich

Dr Westrich exudes competence, and his work on my hip attests to it. Now months after my surgery my total hip replacement is so solid that I forget that it once was troublesome at all. As a reflection of the high level of professionalism of his practice, I found his staff to be congenial, knowledgeable and exceptionally efficient, affording me superior assistance with the least fuss, including extending extra benefits when available. It was my first major surgery, but my anxieties were minimized by the considerate attentions of both Dr Westrich and his staff, and by the diligent attentiveness of the HSS personnel during my recovery. My less than perfect rating on punctuality is because it's true that one may have to wait a bit to be seen, but I take this as a positive sign - the Dr and staff are giving the patients before me all the time they need, and when it’s my turn they did the same for me as well. My thanks to all, for such a positive experience.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

One never looks forward to having surgery, but with Dr. Westrich and the Hospital for Special Surgery, my hip replacement experience was better than I could have hoped. What a great doctor and an excellent hospital!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

My hip was replaced 14 years ago by Dr. Westrich and knock on wood it's still good! In fact anyone who views the xrays is impressed! I so wish Dr. Westrich stll accepted my insurance.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

A very skilled and compassionate doctor who did a fantastic job on my hip replacement. The only difficult part is that I have to remind myself that I have a hip replacement so that I observe certain hip precautions that everyone must observe after this type of surgery. Truly outstanding results, and the office staff was helpful and proficient every step of the way.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Dr. Westrich is a highly skilled surgeon and a very kind doctor. My knee replacement went very well.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

The radiology department at HSS is top notch and the staff very helpful and kind. However, my experience with Dr. Westrich was less than what I expected from a doctor with his credentials. I went to him for an opinion about my ongoing pain and instability after a TKR and liner exchange, with another surgeon. The first person I came into contact with, in the exam room, introduced herself as one of Dr. Westrichs' research assistants. She said they are gathering info showing how a TKR improves the lives of patients and did I need to use a cane to walk. I said no, not since the liner exchange, she said thank you & walked out. Dr. Westrich did do a thorough exam of my knee, detected some issues as did the x-rays also. His advice to me was to lose some weight and if I wish he'll do a total knee revision. I'm sure he's a fine doctor, if you qualify to be counted in his research paper, but I'm not one of them. I was very, very disappointed in Dr. Westrich.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Had a great experience with the office. my surgery went well couldn't be more Happy, Thank you Dr.Westrich and Denise!!!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

I used Dr Westrich for a pre-surgery consultation but ended up using a different doctor for surgery. My cousin used him in May 2011 for a total hip replacement and was very happy with him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

A good friend of mine recommended Dr. Westrich to me when I first learned I might need a total hip replacement. Now I am 1 year out of surgery, and I am living proof that Dr. Westrich is an AMAZING surgeon! Was back on the golf course after 6 months and feeling better than ever. Dr. Westrich's staff was kind, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful scheduling surgery and answering all of my questions. A+!!!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Geoffrey H. Westrich's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Oxford