Ratings for Dr. Gary D. Pugh

The Dr. Gary Pugh I met with is in Albuquerque, NM. He worked in the Lovelace health system and I went to him for prenatal care. I found him to be sarcastic, flippant and rushed. When I asked him questions he responded in a condescending reversal of my question making me feel like my inquiries were ridiculous and below him to answer clearly. Many things he said contradicted other Dr. suggestions and when I questioned him on this he became hostile towards me. I left feeling belittled and my questions unanswered. I would not recommend Dr. Pugh to women who are seeking a compassionate, understanding health professional to guide them through something as intimate and life altering as pregnancy and childbirth.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I had a cyst on my ovaries and he was talking about options and what to do with it without ever looking at the ultrasound. I was pregnant at the time and so had 5 or 6 ultrasounds that he never reviewed. Finally, after I delivered, I had an appointment set up to specifically talk about said cyst, and I asked a question and he said he would know better once he looked at the ultrasound. I just found it slightly appalling that he was ready to do surgery on me without even looking at the pictures. He also explained very little and then said, "You have to make the choice about surgery". However, I didn't feel like I had enough knowledge to make a choice. He also decided not to do a test recommended by the radiologist and really didn't explain why. So, I switched doctors, and there is a night and day difference. Dr. Pugh may be very competent, but there was enough stuff making me nervous that I would rather not find out! Also, I felt like I had a lot of run-around at this office. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Gary D. Pugh's Credentials

• Kirksville Coll Of Osteo Med, Kirksville Mo 63501 (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Andalusia, AL