Ratings for Dr. Gila Aaron

My husband and I found Dr. Aaron under stressful circumstances, as we had a concern about our positive pregnancy test. We called several OBGYN's on the Upper West Side and had no luck getting an appointment. However, when we called Dr. Aaron's office, Dr. Aaron herself answered the phone and immediately made us feel better and scheduled an appointment after hours the next day. Fast forward to today and we have a wonderful, healthy 3 month old baby boy delivered by Dr. Aaron herself! From the moment we met Dr. Aaron, we were highly impressed by her professionalism, knowledge and efficiency. Most important to us, she has such a calm and reassuring demeanor. Throughout the pregnancy, Dr. Aaron had a special way of easing all of my worries and concerns! We had a long and difficult labor process, and Dr. Aaron was incredibly skillful and decisive and we were at peace with every decision she helped us make. We highly recommend Dr. Aaron and we are looking forward to going through the experience again with her!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2019

The worst possible doctor I can imagine. Horrible bedside manner! Clearly does not care about the patient, completely careless, walks into the room almost always confusing you with a different patient, earning money is clearly a priority over providing care, wait time has never been less than 45 minutes. I would highly recommend staying away from this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Aaron has been my OBGYN for over 10 years now and I was with her for my first pregnancy recently. She is efficient and direct, and while one of her colleagues ended up delivering our son, she's in a network with several other great OBGYNs at Mount Sinai West. So, I always felt like I was taken care of by a compassionate doctor. Despite having a mostly healthy pregnancy, I did have an issue crop up in my last trimester and I was so grateful for the speed with which she reacted, ordered tests, and followed up with results. It's been a very positive experience. She's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I was sitting in the exam chair only partially dressed when Dr Aaron recommended an ultrasound. She asked her front desk staff if my insurance covered it and assured me that I was indeed fully covered. A few months later, in the same position, I had two more ultrasounds. As it turns out, I was not fully covered. When I called the office to find out what happened, Dr Aaron saw in my file that she had indeed told me I was fully covered but blamed me for not understanding my coverage. How could I have understood when she assured me that she had checked and that I was covered? I am now stuck with a bill for hundreds of dollars that Dr Aaron claims she can do nothing about. Really? Part of the problem is that I never knew I was charged for the first ultrasound because Dr Aaron’s office handled their billing completely inappropriately. I was overcharged several times for copayments, so instead of letting me know that I had a balance or that I was being charged for the ultrasound, they simply used my balance to cover what I owed. This is completely dishonest and I have trouble believing it’s even legal. To make a long story short, Dr Aaron gave me incorrect information while I was in a vulnerable position. She admits that she did this but refuses to take responsibility of any kind. I urge anyone reading this to find a doctor who is more deserving of their trust.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Aaron was my GYN during the 6 years I lived in NY. I went through two pregnancies with her close care and she delivered my two daughters. My experience was really good, she paid close attention to my needs, addressed my concerns (and there were a lot!) and always have me really knowledgable answers and advices. I wasn't always an easy customer and she knew to insist when needed. I remember both my deliveries as good experience (although the length and the pain) and always knew I'm in good hands. I followed DR. Aaron advices which never failed and turned out to be the right ones. I terribly missed her in the delivery of my third son (I gave birth of my son overseas, I no longer live in the states). I wish she was still my doctor and wish I could experience birth with her excellent and professional treatment once again. She is a Dr. You want to keep!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I came to Dr. Aaron late February in terrible pain. After being diagnosed incorrectly by an old doctor who retired, I was at my wits end with pain. Dr. Aaron expedited treatment, and in the end I went with her wise decision for surgery. During my hospital stay, Dr. Aaron never left my side, even showing up to check on me at 1am one nite. She ensured that proper and excellent care was administered, and her reassuring bedside manner made me feel more at ease after emergency surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Aaron, she is more than a doctor, she really cares for her patients and has a wonderful understanding of what her patients need. She is compassionate as well as extremely knowledgeable, her practice is top drawer and she is extremely careful and excellent in both obstetrics and complex gynecology. She is the best gyn I have had in a long time, and again, I highly recommend her and her practice. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Had early morning appointment for routine annual check-up, but had to wait 40 minutes. Exam was minimal, rushed and unnecessarily painful. Failed to contact me regarding subsequent finding on mammogram. Very bad experience.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2012

Dr. Aaron had a terrible bedside manner. After keeping me waiting for an hour, she told me that she only had time to do one one of two specific exams and was not at all apologetic for the inconvenience or for the extra costs that a second visit would entail. She only spent about 10 minutes with me seemed bothered by my questions and requests. Additionally, her billing is beyond disorganized and charged me twice.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Aaron for over 8 years. I've gone to her for annual visits, issues, and pregnancy. Dr. Aaron has been helpful and professional throughout every visit and issue. She's always open to questions and answers phone calls within a reasonable amount of time.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Aaron for almost 8 yrs. She has seen me through a miscarriage & the birth of my two children. She has always been a straight shooter & an excellent doctor. I never hesitate to call her when I have questions especially during pregnancy; she always responds to me in a timely fashion and is very, very helpful. If she senses ANY question in my tone, she always offers an appointment to me right away to keep me sane. Like all doctor's offices, her staff has changed over the years and I have never had any problems with anybody. Every one of her staff from the receptionist to the office manager to nurses has known me by name at some point and has made me feel comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Aaron.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Gila Aaron's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gila Aaron is a skilled, caring provider of women's gynecological and obstetrical care, offering the most advanced ob/gyn treatments to women on Manhattan's Upper West Side and throughout New York City. At her state-of-the-art practice on W 68th Street, she provides a complete array of services for women of all ages and all stages of life, including routine gynecological checkups, birth control and contraceptive counseling and services, prenatal care, management of high-risk pregnancies, minimally-invasive surgical procedures, ultrasound imaging, treatments for uterine fibroids and menopause care and counseling.

• English

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1995)

UnitedHealthcare