Ratings for Dr. David G. Blom

Dr. Blom is an excellent physition. He is very thorough and up to date with many recent studies in a variety of medical fields. He is intelligent and will take the time to explain things to you so you can grasp where he's coming from in making the decisions he does. He will listen to your input and evaluate it in light of his more detailed knowledge of the subject. He will work with you to estavblish or modify a treatment program that meets your needs. I have worked in the medical and health field for many years and find Dr. Blom a rare find in today's fast past world - he sincerely cares and wants to help you get to the next level of wellness by working with you and your concerns. I couldn't rate him any higher !-

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I am extremely disappointed and enraged after my annual physical with Dr. Blom. I saw him as a new patient, and one of the first things he did during my appointment was dispute a medication that I'm on for hypothyroid disease. This medication is something that my endocrinologist and I decided upon after years of experimenting with other drugs. It enraged me that Dr. Blom would say that he "would never prescribe that medication" when he knew nothing of my medical history. My second biggest problem with him was that he ordered some pre-physical blood work, one of which was for MCV (mean corpuscular volume aka average volume of red blood cells). When I raised a concern that my iron level has always been low and that I wanted him to order additional blood work to test for it, he said that my iron levels "must be fine since my MCV is within normal range." After my appointment, I had my endocrinologist order an iron test and my iron level was 7, with a normal range of 15-150. If I hadn't had my endocrinologist test my iron, I would currently be thinking that my levels were normal, when in fact they are extremely low. Among other things, I also got charged $120 for a knee brace that he told me insurance would cover. Overall, I would stay away from Dr. Blom and Dedham Medical Associates.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

dr blom is an amazing internist. he is completely devoted to and actually cares about his patients. he's like having "concierge" without having to pay a dime, the way medicine ought be practiced. he coordinates your care with your other physicians(actually calls other drs to discuss your case!), goes out of his way to research something he might be less familiar with, and is extremely patient and empathic. he is a rare find and if you are fortunate enough to have him as your dr. you will be in good hands.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

You can talk this doctor into anything. If you are a smoker, or overweight and don't want to hear all the doom and gloom, this is the guy for you. Also, be very careful of this doctor because the billing practices at Dedham Medical are very deceptive. If you go for a physical and mention ANYTHING other than the physical, you will be charged for an "office visit". It's there way to generate revenue from you and your insurance carrier.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. David G. Blom's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Dedham, MA