Ratings for Dr. Derek K. Richardson

Worst experience with a Medical Professional EVER!!! He made me feel embarrassed & ashamed. He was condescending & accusatory. He was so robotic & unsympathetic, even after he could see that he had visibly upset me. I was so upset that I had a panic attack in his office & he was unconcerned. I came out worse than when I went in. I cant even imagine how someone in a worse emotional/mental state than I would have dealt with him as I am still a mess and I only went to see him since I couldn't get in with my regular doc. It is REALLY sad that someone that is supposed to help would treat people this way.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

His cold, robotic nature does not entice me to return for another appointment. I'd rather talk to a wall. I waited 6 weeks to see this useless doctor. While he was asking questions, I sensed irritability in his voice and his expression. He would do well in the research aspect of medicine, since he obviously doesn't do well with people. His personality is equal to that of a wall.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

A really bad Dr. REALLY BAD.. Very full of himself, cares not one bit for the patient. Is not helpful. If a bunch of online reviews are correct, he has even harmed a few patients with his "treatment." How is he allowed to do this? Based on my experience over three visits spaced over 5 months l cannot recommend him at all. Awful experience. The worst.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

RUN. When I was seeing him for anorexia & bulimia, Dr Richardson told me an (incorrect) "healthy weight" for my height that was LOWER than my weight at the time. My dietician at the eating disorder clinic I went to later confirmed that the weight he quoted would be very unhealthy for me. He weighed me every visit & let me see my weight, which they're not supposed to do. He also put me back on medication that my cardiologist had taken me off of and had told me in no uncertain terms that it was dangerous for me to take. He's extremely condescending and invalidating. He didn't listen to me when I talked about side effects I was experiencing from my medication. He very rarely looked at me during appointments, instead staring at his computer screen and typing god knows what. He put me on the wrong medications and refused to change them when I had severe side effects. Again, RUN.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Richardson is very rigid and made me feel as though I could not talk to him. I had an inability to clearly express my thoughts and I had my mother speak for me yet everytime he asked me something he would just sit there and stare at you like you're stupid. I was also having hallucinations about sexual abuse Oh my past and felt that he was getting off because of the way he was sitting facing me with his legs open and the keyboard in his lap looking at me. Very wierd Dr. To me and not very transparent, he had me schedule another physical and the Dr. Locked me in the room and I believe he was going to have me hospitalized against my consent I've never been locked in a room before at Kaiser so that raised my anxiety level and made me paranoid so I told my mother to come in and calm me down . Very unapproachable and doesn't seem to care what u say. He also won't tell me if he thinks I'm schizophrenic but has me on a medication to treat schizophrenia bipolar. I agree with the other comments run far away from this looney.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

During my visit, he was obviously unfazed as I was pouring my heart out to him. He speaks in a condescending tone and blames the patient for their inability to cope. As I was expressing my feelings to him, he told me that I am confusing my feelings with my thoughts and that he disagrees with my thoughts. I find it disrespectful for a professional to invalidate someone's emotions in such a way, even if they disagree. At one point, he asked whether I had been physically or sexually abused. I had my mother in the room and politely asked her to leave. After speaking with him alone about some more personal things, and admitting that I used marijuana in small amounts to cope with my mood swings, he told me (not asked) to tell my mother to come back into the room. He then asked whether she knew about my marijuana usage. This was actually a violation of HIPAA to discuss my personal health information with someone else without my expressed consent. Overall, he just was not a match for me.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Run, do not walk, away from this doctor. He is perhaps the most incompetent doctor we have ever run across. We were referred to him by the Georgia Crisis and Access line because my son was in crisis. To begin with, Dr. Richardson was rude and condescending to us. Beyond that, he has absolutely no grasp on medications that are used to manage psychiatric conditions. That did not make us feel very confident. Then, he made 2 changes to my son's routine at the same time. Following this change, my son ended up in a crisis home and Dr. Richardson has YET to return our call. We didn't know if it was decreasing the first medication or adding the second which, again, he did simultaneously. What if he had been in the hospital? To be a doctor and be that unreachable is inexcusable and bordering on malpractice in my opinion.He hates his job at the Mental Health Comprehensive Services Center. Again, RUN away from him or cancel your appointment if you have one. There are better options out there.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

Dr. Derek K. Richardson's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in Stockbridge, GA