Dr. Richard J. Lederman

Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Lederman

I pursued an opinion from Cleveland Clinic because I'd had undiagnosed strange neuro symptoms after seeing a variety of specialists, tests run, etc. Dr. Lederman was immediately dismissive, refused to review my past medical records, and suggested my symptoms were psychological. Although one of the tests he ordered was abnormal, his letter to my PCP suggested all my tests were normal (although all were not normal) and that I needed a psych evaluation. Although I'd been hopeful to find answers at Cleveland Clinic due to its esteemed reputation, I was thoroughly disappointed by Dr. Lederman. One of the WORST experiences I've ever had with a physician by far.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Wish I read the reviews before. No bedside manner. No acknowledgement of our concern of symptoms. Left wondering what to do next.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I'm baffled by the other less-than-stellar ratings. I found Dr. Lederman to be extremely thorough, generous with time, knowledgeable about the possibilities and ultimate diagnosis of my complaint, and I left feeling very reassured.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Very very RUDE! I would not recommend to anyone! He did not believe anything I had said and could care less about my test results. I left wanting to cry! I was in severe pain! He did send me to a PM doc & the pm doc is the only one who would look at my MRI and said how I needed to see a surgeon! The neuro said We neurologists do not believe in Surgery and would never recommend it no matter what the situation is!! While there he asked me if I had any kids and I said yes and he said (my fiance now husband sitting there): "Do you even know who your childs father is?" What does that have to do with my appt??? or anything! I was like YES!!OMG! How rude! I don't know what his problem is but the other 2 ratings/comments are 100% right. That is how he is! He should not be in practice!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED WITH A DOCTOR. THE DOCTOR WAS NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING I HAD TO SAY. HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT NOTES OR MY SYMPTOMS LIST I GAVE HIM. I TOLD HIM I HAD GIVEN THIS LIST TO ALL MY OTHER DOC'S AND HE SAID "WELL WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO DO WITH A LIST LIKE THIS" HE DID A 5 MINUTE EXAM ON ME. WHEN HE CAME BACK IN THE ROOM HE SAID HE IS SENDING A LETTER TO MY PCP WITH THE RECCOMENDATION HE PRESCRIBE ME A MEDICATION NO LONGER APPROVED BY THE FDA BUT HE SAID IT IS A GOOD MEDICINE. I ASKED ABOUT DOING A MRI OF MY BRAIN AND HE SAID MY BRAIN WAS JUST FINE. I ASKED ABOUT THE CHRONIC PAIN IN MY HIP AND LEGS AND HE SAID THOSE SYMPTOMS AREN'T RELATED TO MY VISIT. HE WOULD NOT SEND ME TO A NEUROSURGEON OR PAIN SPECIALIST WHILE I WAS THERE AFTER DRIVING FOR 6 HOURS IN SERIOUS PAIN. HE SAID THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WITH MY MRI. I HAVE DOCUMENTATION PROVING 3 DISC BULGES AND 2 ANNULAR TEARS. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. HE IS DOESN'T CARE & CLUELESS

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY MRI RESULTS OR TALK TO ME ABOUT MUCH OF WHAT I HAD WHEN I SAW HIM 4/07/09. HAD TO GET THE TRUTH VIA OTHER CHANNELS. I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO LIE TO ME. EITHER HE DID THAT, OR HE DOESN'T REALLY HAVE IT ANYMORE AFTER ALMOST 40 YRS OF PRACTICE. I SINCERELY BELIEVE HE WAS IN CONTACT WITH SOME UNFRIENDLY DOCTORS ( A FEW ) IN AND AROUND THE SPRINGFIELD, OHIO AREA I TOLD HIM ABOUT BEFORE HE SAW ME. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THESE FEW DOCTORS IN COURT TO EXPLAIN WHY MY MRI REPORTS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE NASTY THINGS THEY ARE SAYING TO AND ABOUT ME OVER THE PAST YEARS. I WOULD JUST LOVE IT. HOWEVER, I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PROSECUTE - NOT TO SUE SINCE I DON'T WANT ANY MONEY BUT JUST THE TRUTH. I'VE BEEN LIED TO FOR YEARS. IT'S LIKE THE OLD BOY SCOUT GAME WHILE AROUND THE NIGHT CAMPFIRE. YOU WISPER A CERTAIN SENTENCE IN ONE SCOUT'S EAR, HE DOES THE SAME TO THE SCOUT NEXT TO HIM , AND SO-ON UNTIL IT HAS RUN THE CIRCLE OF SCOUTS. IT'S TOTALLY UNRECOGNIZABLE IN THE END!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

Dr. Richard J. Lederman's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1966)