Ratings for Dr. Robert S. La Mantia

Saw Dr. LaMantia for a few years for my type 1 diabetes. My A1C was always over a 10 and I struggled with various highs and lows. I asked Dr. L about going on an insulin pump for better control and he advised against it. I left his practice, found a new endocrinologist, was put on the insulin pump and my last A1C was a 7. If you are a diabetic please find yourself a new endocrinologist. .....

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

I have been to Dr. Lamantia for my diabetes which is not controlled very well. I have been his patient for about a year but I must find someone new. My last hemoglobin was a 10 and it should be under 6.5. He has me write down all of the foods I eat and I find that a joke. He has me adjust my insulin levels and my readings are between 50 and 350. When I call the office, his staff is very rude and he will not return my calls. I am worried about complications from this disease and he has not been of any help. I also find him rude and he gets irritated with my questions. Goodbye Dr. LaMantia ... I will be finding a new doctor,

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Idiot doctor. Knows nothing about diabetes I am losing my eyesight because of him

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have read these reviews and wonder if they are going to the same Dr? My experience goes back 20 years. He is professional,demanding and exacting. He is exactly what you need if you have a chronic condition. He tells you what you need to do to keep your condition under control . If you don't do what you need to do he tells you again. After that , he questions you about the quality of life you would like to have, and reminds you again of what you need to do. He is always polite,but he does show frustration if you do not follow through. I have found him to be an excellent physician, one that I have been glad to work with for twenty years.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I've been a patient of his for a couple of years now and I feel like he's a very knowledgeable Endo Doc. and has helped me treat my diabetes. On the downside, in my opinion he lacks social skills & is not the most friendly doc in the world. But im not there looking for a friend either just his expertise. The only peeve i really have is when he answers his phone while i'm get examined by him. Thats total BS in my opinion & he should know better.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Time to retire. It's obvious he doesn't enjoy his work anymore - not sure he ever did. Just wondering why he has to be so mean and condescending to patients? Was he ignored as a child? I am told he's "the best." At what? Reading charts and numbers? He's Dr. Robot and he's mean.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I have been under Dr. LaMantia's care for several years after a serendipitous discovery of a condition. He followed up on this, recommended appropriate ongoing testing and after I developed symptoms related to another organ, recommended genetic testing for MEN1, which turned out to be positive. He has monitored my condition continously and has always been friendly, caring and conscientious. After a recent CT scan he ordered as part of the monitoring of MEN1, he immediately called to inform me of the results so that I could get treatment ASAP. The staff has always been polite and helpful. My appointment times have been honored and I have had little waiting.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Horrible, arrogant man. May have been knowledgable once but has not kept up with anything current. Very nasty. I did not trust him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

very knowledgable about diabetes and thyroid disease. Has a no nonsense style. very professional. Takes a while to get an apt as a new. Small office with limited parking.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

He left me alone in the appointment room for quite a while. He was extremely argumentative and became angry very easily. I was trying to explain my situation and he just contradicted everything I was saying before I could finish. He was unfriendly during our appointment. He was late a few times to my appointments. His office was quiet. He made incorrect diagnosis of symptoms having nothing to do with his area of specialty & informing other doctors of this. Never was able to discuss my numbers or further treatment options, what he says is what you will do. Put me on incorrect, high dosing of medication that I ended up having an allergic reaction to. Didn't believe what I was telling him as far as symptoms had anything to do with my ailment, though confirmed with other endocrinologist, ENT, primary & other patients with my condition that they definitely are symptoms of my ailment. Now with new doctor & medication adjustment doing much better.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr. Robert S. La Mantia's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Amherst, NY