Ratings for Dr. Joel S. SOLOMON

His surgery would have been fine if I knew which part he did and which part the resident surgeon did. There was no documentation in the operative note distinguishing between them. The carpal tunnel had very little relief and he refused to consider the possibility that something may have been missed. Instead of reviewing the surgery to see what could have gone wrong he recommended I get my neck operated on for CT symptoms when the MRI results and EMG pre op and post op all ruled out the condition he was saying should be done next. There was no informed consent given to me that a resident surgeon was doing any significant part of the surgery and they are still insisting that nothing could have gone wrong. My CT was done years ago without any problems. A resident surgeon may need to know this and look for something else going on in the area of the CT when the wrist is opened during surgery.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Amazing surgeon with a fabulous bed side manner. Dr. Solomon has done three surgeries on me and I couldn't be happier.

Submitted February 13, 2017

I went to see this doctor for carpal tunnel and I was very disappointed. He refused to treat me and insisted on surgery as the only option. When I made the appointment I explicitly told the staffer that I wanted treatment not surgery. She confirmed the doctor would discuss all treatment options with me. When I asked to be measured for a splint, he told me to go to Target. I had already told him I had gone to Walgreens and none of the splits there fit my hand since I have very small hands. It wasn't until his assistant suggested that I should see the OHSU Rehabilitation unit located in the same building that he mentioned it, and he did that reluctantly. His assistant was going to make the appointment for me and he told her not to. When I asked him about other treatments for the pain he refused to offer any with the excuse that they do more harm than good. All he cares is big money from surgery not the patient needs. I definitely would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Joel S. SOLOMON's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal