You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

I had surgery for stenosis and herniated disks six month ago, after four years of pain. I’m only sorry I waited so long. The pain in my legs that kept me from activity is gone. I was back at work in two weeks. All that is left is a little stiffness in the back, which continues to improve. I was nervous about the operation because outcomes vary, but my fears were groundless.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

It's hard to remember how bad I felt prior to my surgery with Dr. Goldstein. I really appreciate his care, skill, compassion and warmth. My recovery following minimally invasive surgery was quick and complete.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

So here I am on Christmas Eve with my family enjoying a blessed pain free time. I have to thank Dr. Goldstein for his skill, empathy and compassion. Six years ago I had minimally invasive spine surgery and I remain thankful every day.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr.Goldstein and his entire staff are excellent in every way. I was so afraid of having spinal surgery, but his professionalism and skill made it so well worth it. I did have spinal fusion, and after 5 weeks, I feel great! I had 3 consultations with 3 doctors, and I thank God I selected Dr. Goldstein. He's very compassionate and thorough, and so was his staff.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Two doctors recommended spinal fusion due to stenosis and disk herniations. I saw Dr. Goldstein and was glad I did. He told me I did not need a fusion, explained why and recommended a procedure to correct my problems. Back surgery in itself is freighting add a fusion and its now a life altering event. The day of surgery, I could just about walk into the hospital due to the pain running down both legs. Dr. Goldstein's pain protocal made the surgery comfortable. Returned to work part time in two weeks, full time in three. Pain free and loving every moment. I thanked dr. Goldstein for his professionalism and his kindness, and thanked god for giving him the talent to be a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

I can't say enough to thank Dr. Goldstein. He gave me my life back after surgery. I sought multiple opinions. My doctor sent me to see Dr. Goldstein. Following minimally invasive surgery I feel wonderful. I found Dr. Goldstein to be caring and concerned. I am back doing what I love to do. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Worst doctor, admin staff and clinic I have been to. I got no responses to any of the questions sent to my doctor, Dr. Goldstein. He saw me all of 10 mins after waiting for a long time and I was charged an arm & a leg. The office sat on my short term disability paperwork and did nothing, I almost got fired. I had to have my company resend it to my Primary Care doctor to have it completed. My doctor tried getting hold of Dr.Goldstein as well for over a week and no response. So there is no professionalism either. When you go to an Ortho surgeon, chances are you in a lot of pain as is. Don't add onto your pain by going to this clinic or its doctors who are extremely unresponsive, irresponsible and not empathetic. I have asked my doctor to refer me to another Ortho Surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Goldstein revised the surgery I had done by another spine surgeon. I now feel great. I wish I had seen Dr. Goldstein first but I live quite a distance from New York City. Dr. Goldstein identified the problem and corrected it. I found him to be very knowledgeable and caring. I am so happy I came to see him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)

GHI
HIP
Oxford
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery for stenosis and herniated disks six month ago, after four years of pain. I’m only sorry I waited so long. The pain in my legs that kept me from..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It's hard to remember how bad I felt prior to my surgery with Dr. Goldstein. I really appreciate his care, skill, compassion and warmth. My recovery following..."

January 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So here I am on Christmas Eve with my family enjoying a blessed pain free time. I have to thank Dr. Goldstein for his skill, empathy and compassion. Six yea..."

December 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Goldstein and his entire staff are excellent in every way. I was so afraid of having spinal surgery, but his professionalism and skill made it so well wort..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Two doctors recommended spinal fusion due to stenosis and disk herniations. I saw Dr. Goldstein and was glad I did. He told me I did not need a fusion, expl..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough to thank Dr. Goldstein. He gave me my life back after surgery. I sought multiple opinions. My doctor sent me to see Dr. Goldstein. Following ..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor, admin staff and clinic I have been to. I got no responses to any of the questions sent to my doctor, Dr. Goldstein. He saw me all of 10 mins afte..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Feeling great after surgery. Dr. Goldstein is a skilled and compassionate doctor. I am grateful "

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Goldstein revised the surgery I had done by another spine surgeon. I now feel great. I wish I had seen Dr. Goldstein first but I live quite a distance fro..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "had NO EMPATHY . Just in it for the money. treated me like I was going for a IME FOR WORKERS COMP. "

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a minimally invasive fusion and my pain is gone. Thanks Dr. Goldstein for being there for me. I appreciate my doctor sending me to you. "

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had minimally invasive spine surgery with Dr. Goldstein almost 6 weeks ago. Prior to surgery I could not even walk. Now I can play with my kids and work wit..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a long history of neck and arm pain I am now pain free. Dr. Goldstein was both professional and courteous. He is very empathetic. He operated on severa..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I choose Dr. Goldstein both because he was recommended, and he was covered under my insurance plan. Dr. Goldstein had a Dr. Jason Gallina assist during the surg..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Goldstein gave me my life back! I went to him after my insurance did not approve a more aggressive surgery recommended by another doctor. I was walking ..."

August 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to Dr. Goldstein with severe pain. I tried physical therapy and even had steroid injections. I saw several spine surgeons and my doctor referred me to ..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a discectomy and fusion at C5-C6 after having right neck and shoulder pain for 2.5 years. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Dr. Goldstein and..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr.Goldstein for a second opinion after being informed by my Long Island Orthopedist that I would need a complicated spinal fusion. I was very ple..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "after years of back pain,sciatica,and hospital stays i went to seaport orthopedics and was sent for an mri.the mri showed severe herniations on the l1-l2 level,..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After after suffering sciatic pain and discomfort for about six years, visited Dr. Goldstein and was referred to pain management and was treated, helped little...."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "after many surgical opinions dr Goldstein was the only one who diagnosed me accurately. I was suffering from sever spinal stenosis for approx. one year and cou..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had been suffering from Chronic lower back and leg pain for over 4yrs before meeting Dr. Goldstein. After following his advice and pursuing physical therapy ..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Gave me my mobility back after I ruptured a lumbar disc and could barely walk or function at all because of the pain. 9 years post-op and still feeling great!"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon. I am also a physician. Dr. Goldstein is both very skilled and caring. I feel great after my spine surgery."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Goldstein has been incredibly helpful and reassuring in the wake of serious problems."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After my back surgery I'm playing soccer and tennis and horsing around with my kids. Dr. Goldstein diagnosed my problem and we tried some nonoperative treatmen..."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My doctor referred me to Dr. Goldstein for surgery. I had minimally invasive surgery on my neck and went home the next day. Dr. Goldstein explained everything..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "It is my belief that this doctor has his staff write most of his reviews. I fully agree with the comments made by person on 9/19/14. I have seen him twice sin..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Goldstein gave me my life back. After enduring 5 1/2 months of crippling sciatic and lower back pain that left me bedridden, not to mention numerous epidural..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I rarely feel compelled to leave feedback but I had such a bad experience with this doctor that I would feel wrong to not comment for future prospective patient..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Goldstein is a fantastic surgeon who took my horrible nerve pain away. I had a triple lamenectomy beginning July 2014 due to severe spinal stenosis and fou..."

September 4, 2014
  • location removed: SMITHTOWN, NY

May 21, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Jeffrey" to "Jeffrey A."

April 8, 2012