Ratings for Dr. William M. BERNSTEIN

Dr Bernstein is excellent, he is one of the most intelligent docs I have ever met. His schooling alone is extraordinary. He was considered one of the smartest Docs in his field when he was in working clinical research. He has degrees from Harvard and Colombia.(no one is New Mexico is even close he could work anywhere but he likes it here.) He is not touchy feely at all but he cares deeply about people and his diagnosis are correct. He will ask hard questions and drive results in your life. People struggle with the truth and it can hurt, but it is better to have a doc that is correct then a doc that makes you feel good and prescribes the wrong thing or prescribes something when nothing is needed. He is the psychotherapist version of Dr. House.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Bernstein saved my life. In psychotherapy it is hard to hear the truth, but it is the only path to getting better once you open your mind and see reality. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Saw Dr. Bernstein 5-6 times - seemed knowledgeable in medicine as he did nothing but write prescriptions from day one - did not feel "capable" or interested in "talking" with me. Quite unprofessional in his comments and actually referred to me as a nice but "TOXIC" person which was extremely hurtful as I was (am) very depressed and was reaching out for help not outrageous and inappropriate criticism as this Doctor never took the time to KNOW my issues except on the surface at best. Very self absorbed. Working very hard to forget his hurtful comments as my emotional fragility was one of the reasons I had sought help in the first place. Not character assassination based on? I am a good kind person and people that purport to be a "specialist" in the arena of psychology I take seriously and this has been a big mistake. I don't need another arrogant, insensitive so called professional like him and will be very careful in the future.

Submitted May 16, 2014