Ratings for Dr. Wade Sexton

Dr Sexton Dr Serxton is a great surgeon. I have full medical insurance in Germany but I flew to the USA to Moffitt and paid a lot of money for the treatment in the USA. Actually all the treatment in Germany was a nightmare (except one Doctor!). After removing the bladder some years ago and after the cancer came back the third time and many doctors in Germany told me, that it remained me 6- 12 month to live I went to Dr. Sexton in Moffitt. He is a great doctor. The surgery has lasted over 8 hours. I was told in Germany, that all my organs had been «backed together». Dr Sexton managed to separate all organs from each others. Like he has promised he managed it to do it so that I went home without pouch on my belly…. How can I thank him? Maybe he will see my report and my «thank you». Someone write here the doctor forgot to write promised prescriptions!! Come on! He has another job to do that he does great! Go to the doctors who does not forget to write prescription an I wish you a good luck!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Does not listen to patients, large ego for someone who forgets to write promised prescriptions.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I have bladder cancer and went to Moffitt for treatment. Wade Sexton did the initial consultation and surgery. Stay clear of Wade Sexton and Moffitt. The surgery was over 3 hours late and I had complications in recovery. My blood pressure went over 200 and found out later I came close to having a stroke. The recovery room staff and Sexton made things worse by delaying necessary medication. Its like they didn't know what to do and had to contact the doctor for everything. There was a long wait for any medication. I had problems for about 6 hours after the surgery was over, most if not all could have been prevented. I also the made mistake of going back for BCG treatment for 6 weeks. There was a different nurse every time to administer the treatment. 2 were good, 4 were bad. Wade Sexton has too many patients and does not handle it well. His consultation consists of him talking and then off to the next patient. He does not take the time to answer questions. Moffitt has some decent staff but too many problems.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

Great skilled surgeon. My others doctors wanted to remove my whole kidney. Dr. Sexton took the time to perform a complex surgery for my benefit

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

Dr. Wade Sexton's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)