Ratings for Dr. John H. Winston

Dr Winston came highly recommended by several physicians. i was not unhappy with his care but after several appointments and many many tests, his staff called to advise more tests were needed. When I questioned her, she bacame rude; the appointment that followed was worse! Both the staff and Dr Winston walked into the room with a condescending attitude ... As long as your insurance pays for test after test, and you do not question his supreme knowledge or that of his staff; do not express your own concern for your own care, the you should have no problems with the office or the services that they deem you worthy to receive or not ...

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Winston is a wonderful doctor and an amazing person!!! Him and his staff are all wonderful!!! We were treated beautifully!!! I would recommend Dr. Winston with out a doubt to any person looking for a great doctor!! We are majorly blessed to have him as our doctor!!! Thank you so much!!! Dr. Winston is the definition of professional and compassionate healthcare!!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I was hesitant upon reading the reviews about my appointment, but seeing as it had been over a year since the last review, I gave Dr Winston a try since he came highly recommended. I can honestly say, the physician and staff left me in 'awe'! Dr Winston has such good bed side manner and his staff was so patient and helpful from check in to check out. I was a little embarrassed in the beginning (for obvious reasons), but Dr. Winston spoke to me in a way I could understand (not medical terminology) and I felt much better about my diagnosis and confident that he could help me. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a proctologist (colon/rectal specialist)!!! You wont be let down

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

He and his staff laughed about a patients condition out side the room. The staff was rude and told me they could diagnose if the doc were out so I should listen to them and if I didn't the doc would drop me. Since they are nurses and receptionist I was scared. Guess he lets his receptionist make a lot of medical decisions. That's scary she's not a nurse. But how crqzy for him to make fun of patients in others ear shot

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr. Winston is friendly and knowledgeble. He listens, he was helpful. His staff is very nice. My husband and I both like him and would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

Staff was great. Procedure was ok. On Call process horrible. After hours they are HORRIBLE. I got a UTI (first in my life) from the procedure. I called once- he told me to get the OTC stuff from walgreens. Mind you I had not urinated in over eight hours. I called again the next morning in terrible pain and he told told me there was nothing he could go for me. I should just go to the ER. It was thanksgiving weekend. He knew I was alone with three new born triplets and going to the ER would be no easy feat. Nothwithstanding it was obviously a UTI!! I had another doc call in the meds. Within six hours I was fine. When I confronted him about it in the office he essentially said their was no way for me to prove it was a UTI. (I politely explained the meds did work--so it probably was). He became RUDE, LOUD and ACCUSATORY. I was shocked. Never been treated so poorly by a doctor. I am an attorney--not an idiot. At least be polite. An apology would have been fine.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

He spent alot of time with me. Came highly recommended and now I see why.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Dr. John H. Winston's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Careplus