Ratings for Dr. Paul L. Kats

Dr. Kats is wonderful. He treats me as well as my children ages from 10 to 21. He takes his time and is a family man. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

This is thee best eye doctor I have ever been to...frankly I was dubious when my friend referred me to a Walmart doctor but I shouldn't have been as she has macular degeneration and he works very well with her specialist at the Wheaton Eye Clinic in meeting her vision correction needs...he's professional, kind and very very helpful!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Dr. Kats is very knowledgeable and works with the patient in order to achieve optimal results. His patience and listening skills are also very important parts of his practice.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Went for a child’s eye exam. Doctor Kats was patient and knowledgeable. On most routine exams they just pass you the form and are done with it. I like the fact that, after the exam, he explained to me in details how it went and what I need to know, etc. Excellent team. Great Customer Service.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Kats since I had eye surgery 10 years ago. He is very freindly and knowlegable about the surgery I had. The staff changes alot,but they are friendly and helpful. I had worn glasses for over 40 years and gone to several specialist and I like Dr. Kats better than any doctor I have seen over the years.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Do NOT see this doctor. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for - he is definitely a Walmart type of doctor. He offered a "deluxe" 3D computer image of my eye. When he looked at the picture with his basic level of knowledge, he assumed the worst and said that I could possible have fluid in the brain / hemorrhage / neurological disorder. I was like 26 years old and freaking out! He told me to see a neuro ophthalmologist and when I finally found a specialist, I was a nervous wreck from worrying for so long that I could have a very serious condition. The specialist did an exam and said that everything looked fine and Dr. Kats had overreacted and caused undue stress. It's one thing to be cautious, but quite another to list a million horrible possibilities and send someone on their way. I will never see a Walmart vision doctor again!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

Dr. Paul L. Kats's Credentials

• Indiana University - School Of Optometry (Grad. 1991)

Oxford