Ratings for Dr. Myrna Schneider

Called this therapist to inquire about couples therapy. She was cold, rude, asked directly what the "problem" is and what my profession is, and had the audacity to say, "you've only been married for 4 months and you're already having problems?"...I can't imagine a more insensitive, naive comment from a mental health professional. She should be ashamed of herself.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Having read these negative comments, I am shocked. Not only do I disagree with these derogatory statements, I have been through a hell of a life and many therapists. Dr. Schneider is the most helpful person I have ever worked with. She has changed my life completely for the better. If you are looking solely for a therapist who will show compassion and yes you to death without providing any solutions in life, stick with a useless counselor. She is straight forward and forthwith but she will help you see the real world and what is really causing your problems. I can also see that my therapy will not take the rest of my life to accomplish my life long goals.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

This doctor broke patient confidentiality and was the rudest doctor I ever met!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Schneider was very insistent that I should divorce my husband and cut ties with my family, having never met either. She dod not offer me any direction of what exactly I should replace these people with in my life. Possibly I should become a hermit? She then abandoned me after one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. She seemed mopre concerend with my insurance (which she took time out of my session to calculate) and whether or not I was 5-10 minutes late. If you want to be emotionally beat up, she is for you.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Dr. Schneider has been very helpful in motivating me and helping me acquire new skills and to unlearn old bad habits. She is very matter of fact and doesn't sugar coat things----all other therapists made me more comfortable with lesser results. Dr. Schneider helped me realize that I deserve better.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

I went to Schneider about 15 years ago for marriage counseling. I had never been to a therapist before, so had no idea what to expect. She misdiagnosed me as an internet addict (that diagnosis was quite in vogue back then.)She forced checklists & informational tapes about addictions on me & was snide & smug when I told her the descriptions didn't apply to me. At the time, I was just beginning to realize that I am a lesbian. She was rude & judgemental, and insulted me. She actually even told me that she'd be ashamed to have me as a daughter, however would be proud to call my exhusband her son. Every session with her made me want to vomit. After a few sessions of getting "beat up" by Schneider, I was lucky enough to find an smart, sensitive, & empathetic therapist, who helped both my exhusband & myself, immensely. I strongly recommend staying away from Schneider.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr. Myrna Schneider's Credentials

• Fordham University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Livingston, NJ