Ratings for Dr. Glenn J. Spiegler

Dr. Spiegler is very caring and sympathetic. He also spends time with his patients and answers questions.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Glenn Spiegler is quite knowledgeable. However, he is more about the money for his services and protecting his reputation than he is about caring about his patients. He may care 'for' his patients but he does not seem to care 'about' his patients. Payment has to be made for his surgery before it is performed. There is a fee in his practice for everything. Ten dollars for paper transactions.. three dollars to process a debit card transaction. He asks you questions but you are not allowed to ask questions. He is very rude and will cut your sentence off without hesitation with no regard for your feelings about what you're trying to live through. A couple of years ago, I broke my ankle and after 2 months in a cast, Spiegler insisted I stay on crutches for another month. I saw another orthopaedic doctor who told me that I was healed and there was no need for crutches. His office staff is amazing, kind, considerate, and knowledgeable. I have met a lot arrogant people in my lifetime... but SPIEGLER gets the prize.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Glenn J. Spieler was wonderful! I wish I had gone to him first, but the hospital gave us two Doctor's names, but only one had a phone number listed. We wanted to get an appointment ASAP, but we sure wish we had gotten Dr. Spiegler's phone number first! I would recommend him to everyone; you won't be sorry! His staff were so nice too!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

My wife went to see Dr. Spiegler after a previous diagnosis of a torn Meniscus. Spiegler drained the knee and gave a Cortisone injection WITHOUT knumbing the area, TWICE. She complained of pain in multiple joint areas and asked for relief, but was prompted to continue on Advil for pain and buy OTC Benedryl to help sleep. He suggested a knee replacement be scheduled for the right knee even though she was unable to move at all with all the joint inflamation. After seeing another Dr., a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis was found in a simple blood test. As her husband find it uncontainable that a Dr would not make an attempt to comfort the patient and schedule a surgery without testing for underlying issues. Our Family Practice MD has done the appropriate tests and suggested other Rheumatoid and Orthopedic Specialists to deal with the issues. I understand the Dr Spiegler has a good reputation, it seems he was more focused on doing a new knee than listening to my wife's cries.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

As a physician, Dr. Spiegler is fine. He diagnosed my knee pain as advanced arthritis but did not push for surgery, which I appreciated. However, I have subsequently moved to another state and recently requested to have my medical records sent to my new doctor. I was told that there would be a charge of $102.50. I sent the check immediately, and the medical records arrived at my new doctor's office--over 2 months later! I have never been charged for having medical records sent from one physician to another. This is a courtesy, provided for free. (I understand that, if you request multiple records, you may be charged. However, this was not the case.) If you choose to use Dr. Spiegler, check your bills carefully.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Dr. Glenn J. Spiegler's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Tappahannock, VA