Ratings for Dr. Betty J. Feir

She should have her license revoked & and be locked into a psych hospital. Never to be aloud to see patients again.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

She needs her license taken away. Pls do not gi here. She is a hateful woman to her patience and staff. She should not be allowed in society, let alone giving other ppl diagnosis. Shes a narcissist and only hurts others.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

This person should have her license revoked and be placed in a mental hospital herself. She is a terrible person and an ever worse therapist. Anyone who sees her comes out of that office worse off then when they went in.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Yes, Betty Feir gets all of her funding from the government. She would not be in practice without it. She spoke ill of a patient in front of another patient. She spoke ill of past employee's also. This woman needs to be fully investigated! She is untruthful and full of threats; if you question her. She refuses to pay employees their earnings. Horrible person!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Earlier today on 9/22/2017, I noticed a personal note that I had made beside my ex-husband's name in an old address book. I had written a diagnosis code that I had found on paperwork related to my husband from Dr. Betty J. Feir. I googled her name and found these reviews. Finally, I am vindicated! I went with my husband to meet once with her; he had already been meeting with her for a period of time. Her behaviors toward me within the first 60 seconds of being in her office shocked me and, really, traumatized me. I am a detailed writer, so I will not even try to begin telling about this meeting. It occurred on December 31, 1985. I remember because as my husband drove us back to Mt. Pleasant from Texarkana (with me extremely upset), Ricky Nelson's plane crashed in a field outside of Texarkana. We pulled off the side of the road behind an ambulance and watched the dark plume of smoke rise from the wreckage. Dr. Betty J. Feir was an unprofessional, accusatory, judgmental, rude, 'attack dog' within my first minute of meeting her--which was the only minute that I remained in her presence. She was, toward me, a horrid little widget of a Hitlerian wannabe.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I voluntarily went to her for marriage counseling several years ago. Over a few months, she caused my marriage to get worse. She kept asking me what *I* did to cause problems, asking my wife what *I* was doing wrong instead of discovering the cause of problems. I finally quit wasting my time and filed for divorce. I got the idea that she was running some kind of quickie drive through to make money off of referrals for state paid funding - no doubt ruining jobs, families, and lives with bogus diagnoses. I am not an idiot or a dopehead; I am a Ph.D. who once ran a psych lab. I accidentally came across this website looking for information about Texarkana and felt I had an obligation to warn others who live there.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

What a joke!!!I was sent there by the Social Security office to determine if I should be approved for disability. Though I've been seeing a Psychiatrist for 8 + years to treat my Bipolar disease, she diagnosed me as not being Bipolar within 3 minutes. After entering the room, she never set down but stood and berated me about a drug my doctor had chosen for me. As I tried to answer her allegations, she spoke over me the entire 3 minutes without ever making eye contact. She then exited the room leaving me with her assistant saying she would be back in a few minutes. She never returned but called her assistant and told her I could go ahead and leave. I'm not sure how much the government (We The People) is paying her, but it's WAY too much! I was told that the testing would likely last for 4 hours, I'm sure that's what she charged the Gov. no matter the 3 min visit. Shameful!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I will NEVER set foot in a facility she is affiliated in ANY way EVER again. She is very judgmental. I feel she had her opinion of me before she ever laid eyes on me. I have been in recovery for 5 months and was referred to her for an evaluation. If a suicidal person were to have a session with this "woman" for lack of better appropriate terms, they would walk out the door wanting to finish themselves off. I can't remember ever being so upset. I left this place crying hysterically because she belittled Mr and made me feel as if I should question my own existence. I have consulted an attorney and will not stop. She does not need a license, she needs a REAL psychological evaluation herself! I have had mental health therapy before so I was not at all nervous going for the session with her but within 30 seconds I wanted to bail. She wanted to hear nothing I had to say and she pretty much interrupted anything I questioned. She acts as more of a figure of authority rather than someone who is supposed to be there to help others. I do NOT recommend her to ANYONE. I wouldn't even want my dog around this monster.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

This lady is rude, classless, and not good at what she does. This woman is un_professional. Should not be allowed to work for VA. She needs to see a Dr. She has never been in the Service has no knowledge of service . Just wanted to know if my son was gay hah nothing to do with PTSD. She did seem to want me to get marriage counseling because my first wife died. Bet she had a time see could see me ha. Be beware

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I saw Dr. Feir a number of times. EVERY time, she was always behind schedule. 15 minutes could be understandable at times, but when I wait over a hour numerous times, its eats away at my time away from work and my family. The time I did spend with her was very helpful at times. She was always snacking and constantly on her phone. Made me feel that I was not that important. I will not be going back to see her in the future.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016