Ratings for Dr. Vivian Hutchison

Dr. Hutchison was not only a family doctor for my entire childhood but also a friend - She is the reason my dad learned that ulcers are caused by H. pylori not working in education, she came for a house call when I had food poisoning from bad Pizza Hut, which saved me a horrid situation because I could not handle driving anywhere. She even put the 8 stitches in my forehead after an unfortunate incident involving a hockey puck and a poorly designed goalie mask - the job she did was meticulous which is why I don't resemble Harry Potter. She prescribed the birth control medication that has, to this day, obliterated my cramps and made me the proud mother of a cat, which is, the only kind of mother I'm interested in being. She introduced me to Tantum for sore throats, which I then passed on to a resident at Civic Hospital, who had never heard of the stuff and passed on the message through me "that's great! thank you, I'll start prescribing that now" She is also, I might add, responsible for my witnessing of the 89 Phantom performance in Toronto with the original cast. I'm glad to hear that she's still in Bracebridge, it's a beautiful town. Perhaps I've made this too long. I'm prepping for MCAT's and having a nostalgia moment. XOXO From Ottawa.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Me and me family used to be her patient, around 20 years ago, when she was practicing in Toronto. She was a magnificent physician and an absolutely wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr Hutchison is great... I was actually astonished to find anyone has anything negative to say about her here. But then, she's a different kind of doctor. She sees her patients' well-being as a joint effort, expecting us to do our part. She is not quick to prescribe meds when other less invasive solutions are available, offering recommendations varying from stretches to lifestyle changes. Even so, where drastic action is required she does not hesitate. She's knowledgeable (has quoted me results not only of newly published studies, but also the apparent findings of ongoing ones) and holistic in her approach, regularly referring to relevant past issues, symptoms and conversations. In short, if you're looking to treat the a recurring ailment by popping the same pills as last time, with no care for the potential of a new solution and a lasting change, Dr. Hutchison is not the doctor for you. If you're actually looking to get to the root of a problem... you could not find a better guide.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

i like Dr. Hutchinson, no issues with her, always direct and to the point

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I have been with Dr. Hutchison for many years but lately she just does not seem to care about her patients. Last time I was in I explained my symptoms, she said they were not possible! Must be all in my head! That's NOT what you want to hear from a person you are entrusting your health with. Will now search for another doc as I am totally fed up. Good thing she is moving to another area.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

went in as a walk in. have a chronic sinus issue and know that I need meds to get better. This Dr tells me I dont need antibiotics, and even Advil! Gives me a speach on over use of antibiotics. I feel like crap and am getting worse So much for her diagnosis and not giving me me meds! Now I have to go and sit and the local emerg to see a real DR!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Poor bedside manner, no compassion, was having two concerns and was told that I would have to go out into the waiting room and wait again to get my second one taken care of because she did not have time...this was after I had waited for over two and a half hours to have my throat looked at in the first place. I would not go back to her.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

After waiting three hours to see her I knew I had strep throat and just wanted to get my meds and get out. She told me I didn't have it and I had to argue with her to at least give me a swab test.. 5 days later the office called me to let me know that I was positive for strep throat! Awful doctor, will never see her again.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

I have given up on seeing Dr. Hutchinson at the Walk-in Clinic. The reason? Because I don't need any more Nasonex Nasal Spray! It seems that no matter what the concern (cold/cough/throat related), she prescribes Nasonex. I have respectfully questioned her about this and she became very defensive and wondered why I would question Mt. Sinai Hospital (apparently they recommend Nasonex according to Dr. Hutchinson). I'm glad that some others have had positive experience but many of the people that I have spoken to have agreed with the numerous Nasal Spray prescriptions. I should note that on several of those occasions, I (or my children) have returned for a second opion (because the symptoms were not improved at all), and the physician(s) at those times have quickly suggested something other than Nasonex.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

She saved my sons life. Had seen many other doctors for his sickness, and because of her he is alive and healthy.Great Doctor

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012