Ratings for Dr. Curtis A. Brookover

The Dr's "Medical Director" was supposed to get pre-authorization for a mouth piece to help with sleep apnea and grinding teeth etc. During my last 3 regular cleaning appointments I asked about obtaining a mouth piece and was told a request would be sent to my insurance. All three times I never heard back from his office. My phone calls to the Medical Director were never returned and this person wasn't available to take my phone calls. I asked to speak to this person after one of my appoints and was told she wasn't available. The Dr. did received payment from my insurance for the last "consultation". However, I never heard back from his office and I still got the same run around. I'm never going back to this office.

Submitted November 6, 2014

By far the most kind and skilled dentist I have ever been had work on myself. Dr. Brookover has advanced credentials from many dental organizations , he is iv sedation certified. Highly recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I had three roots that had grown into my jaw that the dentist who had initially tried extracting a tooth, could not remove. I was in agonizing pain, and distressed when I met Doctor Brookover and his staff. The receptionist was very nice and polite, and scheduled me in, even though they were booked. When I showed up, they were ready for me, had me sign some papers and took me in a room right after I finished writing my information in. Doctor Brookover calmed me down (I was getting emotional explaining my experience.), took a look at the problem, gave me some sedation (I wish the other place had that option...I was there for hours. I felt it the whole time since my jaw was not numb. It was terrible), and removed the roots, gave me a bone graft, and stitched me up within about 25 minutes I left the office feeling happy and hopeful. It's been about 2 months since this all happened, and to this day I am still so grateful for the experience I had! I'd come back to this office without thinking twice! In fact, I'm due for a cleaning, so the family and I might be in sooner than later!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

The worst dental experience so far. Careless, painful and rushed. He shouldn't be allowed to practice this profession.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Several fraudulent charges were sent from this dentist to my insurance. Also, they do not check ID and allowed someone else to visit them under my plan and name. I would never go to the dentist again if I didn't have to.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

This dentist is very professional and obviously knows what he's doing. As someone who had braces at 12 years old and now having to do it again at 35, I feel this dentist is going to do things right this time. The staff was great and the amount of pain wasn't too bad considering I'm getting a lot of things done. I highly recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I had an appointment today and Dr. Brookover is compassionate and kind along with his staff. I will be having a crown in the future from him. Very compassionate.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I was seen at dr. brookovers office and I was very happy with his service and with the staff. They are wonderful and very professonal. Thank you all.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Overall a great experience....Its nice to know I can rely on my dentist and his staff to provide the best service available in Los Alamos!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth which I needed removed. Dr. Brookover's practice was the only one my insurance would accept. The operating room has no door and is about three feet away from the waiting room, and I'm sure all the waiting patients heard my shrieks. The nurses/dental assistants were very nice, but were obviously not anesthesiologists because I woke up SEVERAL times during the surgery to INTENSE pain. The doctor advised my family to tell me I must have been dreaming during the times I was fully awake. In other words, he asked my family to lie to me. Fast forward one year later. I have been feeling a sharp piece of something where the wisdom tooth used to be, so I went to the dentist to have it removed. Upon inspecting the xray, my new dental surgeon discovered that Dr. Brookover had LEFT HALF OF ONE TOOTH IN MY JAW, which is now infected. I HAVE A BONE INFECTION BECAUSE OF HIS NEGLIGENCE. Legal action is being taken, and I recommend staying AWAY from this "oral surgeon."

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011