Ratings for Dr. Daryl M. McClendon

If you have to have a colonoscopy, go here. Although the prep is awful the procedure and care was excellent.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I felt Dr. McClendon was easy to talk with, very considerate and knowledgeable. He was kind, professional and did a good job explaining my history and his recommended course of treatment. I agree that getting to his office is a challenge. I suggest you come early and ask for directions. I actually arrived a few minutes late for my scheduled appointment due to the location challenge. They were ready for me and took me right in without any wait. The staff was helpful but I was told by the billing clerk that I could not pay cash and then bill my insurance company for reimbursement. In fact she told me it was illegal. I checked with my insurance company and was told that is not true. That was frustrating but I would definitely recommend Dr. McClendon.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I found Dr. McClendon to be very professional, kind, and open to discussion regarding my illness. He performed only necessary tests and was able to prescribe medication that treated my problem. I found his office to be difficult to find as it is like looking for a needle in a haystack due to the poor signage, multiple buildings, and no designated parking close by. I had to finally ask for help to reach the right exit because I got lost when leaving and walked until my arthritic knees could go no further. I am sorry that such a fine physician is located within the Providence compound where people are treated like cattle by Providence Health Systems.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

He is an outstanding person and physician. He gave me all the time I needed and was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Excellent knowledgeable doctor w/ excellent facility. Listens to patient, very low key, professional manner.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. McClendon for 11 years now and I've also been very happy with the service he provides me on my chronic condition.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

I was referred to Dr. McClendon by a doctor that cared for me during a recent hospital stay. I read some of the earlier reviews on this page then and wish that I would have looked for another doctor. I've now been through nearly every expensive test the doctor can order - small bowel MRIs, camera endoscopy, normal endoscopy, and a colonoscopy - and I still have no answer as to what is causing my frequent digestive issues. I'm sick often and miss considerable time at work because of my issues. When I asked Dr. McClendon to write a letter to my supervisor explaining the situation, he acted put out but said he would do it. He didn't. His office is always running very late. I waited in the office for more than two hours past my scheduled appointment time, once. I don't think I've ever waited less than 45 minutes to see him nor has he ever been in the room with me for more than 10 minutes. During my last visit, he left the room mid-appointment for over 10 minutes. I am not sure why.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. McClendon for 20 years (long lasting crohns disease.) I recommend him regularly to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist. He is the best I have ever used in this specialty.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

I did not receive notification of where my procedure was to take place. I think this is due to the fact that I'd rescheduled my procedure. The office staff assumed that I had the original information from three months prior. I went online to print a copy of the information I needed.Even though I met Dr. McClendon just before my procedure, he was personable and put me at ease. The nursing staff and the anesthesiologist were exeptionally kind.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I never got the mailed pre-procedure instructions. I emailed the staff twice telling them so. I called the clinic. The nurse said I should download the blank form and call back and she would fill in the blanks for me. I did so and called two days prior to the procedure. The nurse did not answer so I left a message. The day before the procedure, at 4 p.m., the facility called to confirm. Thinking it was the doctor's office, I stated how glad I was that they finally called. When she told me she wasn't the doctor's office and suggested that I call the doctor to request instruction, I said that I had emailed twice and called twice. I didn't feel it was my job to make sure that they did their job, and I was going to do the best I could based on the directions on the box. Five minutes after hanging up, the nurse from the doctor's office finally called to tell me what I needed to do. I am sure the lady at the facility called her. I would never recommend this office to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. Daryl M. McClendon's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1991)