Ratings for Dr. Gregory L. Hummel

Hummel is a jerk who believes he is God. He does not just have a poor bedside manner. He is condescending, and never has anything positive to say about progress after surgery. He does not listen to or believe anything his patients have to say. He is always negative. I chose him because he was recommended as a high quality ortho surgeon and was warned of his poor bedside manner. But, I was not prepared for this negative, mean, bully. I would NEVER EVER send anyone I cared about to this guy!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr Hummel is the best orthopedic surgeon. He has replaced both of my knees. He is very strict about following his protocol but that is because he knows what he's doing. I am also a nurse and I appreciate very much his determination to do the best for his patients. I appreciate his knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Between my family and I, we have had 10 surgeries by Dr Hummel. Knowledge is what you want and know you're going to get from this incredible surgeon. Couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

HE IS THE BEST**** The office / staff / technology all are working together in the practice to give you great care and speedy recovery. One week post-operative, and already I am feeling like new. LISTEN TO HIS PLAN OF ACTION, ASK WELL CONSTRUCTED QUESTIONS, FOLLOW HIS EXACTING INSTRUCTIONS AND YOUR DOWN-TIME WILL BE MINIMIZED CONSIDERABLY.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Hummel has been my doctor for 25 years. I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I had a total hip replacement (right leg) on December 2010 and never had problem since then. Now, I need to do the same with my left leg and I wish I was still living in MO. Searching in Southern California for a good Dr. who is as professional and knoledgeable as Dr. Hummel is.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I visited the doctor due to a shoulder injury. I waited 45 minutes in the examination room for the doctor. I had given him my labs which indicate no strong NSAIDS. He introduced himself and then looked and said,"thanks for giving me something I don't need." He threw them back at me. He played with my arms and guestimated my diagnosis. He sent me to xray. I waited 25 minutes for the staff to lead me to the xray room. I came back to the room (it's down the hall). I waited 25 minutes for the doctor, who gave me an ice pack to deaden my arm. By the time he returned to the room, the ice pack melted. I felt the needle go into my arm. When he left, I'd been there in the examination room for 3 hours. I asked him my final diagnosis, he said I already told you. I'm surprised no one has turned him into the AMA.He went ahead and prescribed the medicine I can't take. "He said, "It's just short term" I'm a nurse. he neglected me. It was the worst situation I've ever encountered a patient.

Submitted May 5, 2014

I suppose this Dr. is a good technical surgeon. How would a layman know? His staff can be rude, especially that red head receptionist. I know most people probably don't care if a Doctor wastes money as long as the insurance picks it up, but they cram tons of unnecessary crap into the billing. Never settle with this guy unless you have a written agreement. This Dr. will make a deal, let you pay what you agreed and then try to get more through his billing agency by unwarranted lying and harassment. The care was mediocre. I had an EKG months ago and was billed $1400.00 for image reading and I have never been consulted or briefed on any results. Hummel is bad news in my opinion.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

my son was treated by Dr. Hummel for a very serious arm injury.I was told by the first family member on the scene that the Dr. had a terrible bed-side manner.After watching Dr. Hummel work, I got a full understanding of the man.His focus was on my son and his injury and not on my personal feelings.He answered all pertinent questions related to my son's injury and disregarded non-essential questions. His work was outstanding and his follow-up with my son has been very good.If I was on the operating table I would want Dr. Hummel as my surgeon, was would many of the hospital personnel I spoke with.I could care less about his bed-side manner, I was only concerned with the final results.Because of Dr.Hummel's expertise, my son has a fully functioning arm today.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Gregory L. Hummel's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)