Ratings for Dr. Ganash R. Balu

I was seeing a pain doctor for 12 years and has no problems , my lawyer said switch to dr Balu he has great rep with the board and it's in your best interest . He pulled me off all my meds wanted to put this box in my back wound up having to self medicate to stay out of pain , ( from three failed back surgeries , my life has been a disaster ever since I started goin to this man , now I can't get back into my previous doctor nor find another one because Balu says I'm addicted to pain meds , odd that I went 12 years without a problem and one year with this man and he screwed up me my workers comp case my reputation my family life . It's been a train wreck and I don't know what to do at this point . Good luck to anyone being treated by him.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Made appointment, waited two months, then he said, we no longer take your insurance and we are not taking new patients

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

this doctor is an ignorant and arrogant.He put a blurp in the paper about being a doc cop what a double standard.Not all pain patients are junkies yet the impression he gives you is you are guilty till I feel your not.who the hell wants a doctor that is a money miser.He will kiss the boards butt till they see his transparency.He needs a dose of his own meds!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

I find it very insulting that Dr. Balu insulted his patients by calling us drug addicts when that seems to be his first solution for pain management. He also insulted his fellow Dr.’s by calling them drug pushers, very un-professional person. I rarely took any of the drugs they prescribed. I have had many injections from him and fellow Dr.’s with pain relief, but each time I’d go for an injection they would ask for my $30.00 co-pay, after about 5 years of that, I confirmed with BCBS that I should never have given them a co-pay for a procedure apt., when I told the sec’y that, they would give me a hard time each time. I think he’s become an arrogant jerk.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

excellent bedside manner, prompt in office and pain procedures, if you do as the doc ordered then you'll get the relief you went there for!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2006

Gave pills out and then acted as if taking too many pills when didnt even take half that was given. Dr Balu performed a cervical nerve block which i was put under per my request because of previous experience of injection pain(with another pain management doc) After surgery, I had no pain at injection site and no soreness for injection along with no relief of nerve pain. When I asked why I wasnt at least stiff for a day or two after, i was told because he was that good. No, I doubt it, I had NO Nerve pain releif what so ever and he charged $3000. for I am sure BC/BS would want an explaination. What did he do, just prick me for the illusion. Who knows? I returned to my previous pain management doc with some initial stiffness thereafter procedure 2 days followed by 3 months of approx 85%+ pain releif. He is predator preying on his patients desperation for pain releif knowing they will keep coming back for more, and mo money for him!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2006

pain doctor that passes out pills and thats it. No rehab. Seems its take the money and run.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2006

Dr. Ganash R. Balu's Credentials

• Bangalore Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Dover, DE