Ratings for Dr. Rebecca Moxness

I must have been the patient who came to Dr. Moxness when she really couldn't take on any more patients. She is friendly when I feel good but curt when I have any symptoms. I've never experienced anything like this from a doctor -- as if she doesn't want to hear it when I'm not feeling well. All she does is send a brief note after lab results. She doesn't listen ; only looks at the numbers in my labs. I've tried to get a second opinion from another endocrinologist but the endocrinology staff at Park Nicollet refused to let me see anyone other than her. They told me that "the doctors at Park Nicollet don't swap patients." So I'm stuck with a doctor who either can't or won't provide me with actual care. Even if she's overbooked, this situation isn't justified.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr Moxness is probably an Ideal Dr if you have diabetes. She does not seem to very knowledgeable in the Thyroid department. She is very rigid and by the book. Not very willing to think outside the box.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I have had type 1 for 29 years. I absolutely love Dr. Moxness! She makes everything so easy to understand. She listens, knows that I am a human being with a life and never makes me feel bad about anything. I love watching her break it all down and do her magical mathematical equations to manage my blood sugars. I have referred people to her several times and we all feel the same way about her. Her staff is great too, especially Shey Larson. I have total confidence in Dr. Moxness, I am so thankful that I found her. I am not surprised to see her in the top 3. :)

flag | Submitted December 9, 2012

Dr. Moxness is brilliant, capable and an exceptional listener. Her knowledge and understanding of the insulin pump is unequaled, in my opinion. Best endo, and I think, best doctor I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

concerned, took time, pleasant, but still clear and professional

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. Moxness is extremely pleasant, knowledgable and logical with her endocrinology care. She is very detailed with her explainations and speaks with common sense. I am thankful that Dr. Moxness was able to diagnose my Celiac condition so quickly where I believe it was not detected for years with other doctors. I trust her with all my diabetes care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

I've seen Dr. Moxness 2 or 3 times now, and she's always been wonderful. The first time I saw her was to get an official diagnosis for my condition, and she spent about 40 minutes with me, thoroughly going over things. She talked about symptoms I have (or could expect), what medications were a possibility for me, etc. She has also always made it clear what I should see her for, and what I should see my other docs (i.e. general practitioner) for. I've always found her to be warm, professional, and a no-nonsense kind of person.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Dr. Moxness is the best endocrinologist I have seen. I have had type I diabetes for 15 years and have never been treated as well as when I am with Dr. Moxness. She allows me to be human and shows me how to adjust and change to what life throws us. She is always positive and willing to work one on one with me - she treats me like an individual!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2006

I've had diabetes since the age of 3. Dr. Moxness recognized my unusual symptoms and sent me for a stress test. She saved my life! Three years after heart bypass, I'm feeling really good.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2006

Dr. Rebecca Moxness's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1998)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio