Ratings for Dr. Rebecca Dent

Have to wait forever and ever to see her (2hrs was my average)and then 20-30 minutes for next-appointment slip after seeing her. Though completely knowledgeable and fairly helpful (she is good at getting drug costs approved by OHIP when there is some question about it), she typically appears rushed. Definitely have any Q's written down, learn speed writing, and get them in rapid fire style because she will start edging toward the door. Found her nurse (Anne) a liability - appears flustered and overworked, and twice directed me to the wrong place, once not providing the right paperwork. Another time phoned when I had a fever and she directed me to family doctor; on next visit Dr. Dent stressed importance of seeing her when have fever and nurse denied telling me otherwise - I suspect she is getting too old for the job. So generally you're in good care but you have to be proactive with both Dr. and nurse.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Rebecca Dent in January 2008 after being diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast cancer. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. She explianed everything in detail and answered each and every question. She made me feel like I really mattered and wasn't just another patient. I would recommend her to anyone as she is just super! Cindy

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Wonderful doctor who gives detailed information about treatment and answers all questions fully. Instills confidence about ongoing care and treatment. Full of compassion and humour.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2011

She is an awesome doctor !she gave me hope to live like before again!she removed my breast cancer and took care of me for 2yrs and now we meet each other every 6months.she is perfect!!i can even tell that she is an angel!!not a human!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Having been diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer in 2009, I was referred to Dr. Rebecca Dent at Sunnybrook Hospital. She is fantastic !! She always took the time to listen to my concerns and explained things in detail. She has an excellent bed side manor and always made me feel at ease. I would definitely recommend her to anyone with TNBC as she is part of an extensive study concerning this type of cancer. Every one associated with her (especially Nurse - Tammy) are also fantastic. I continue to be under her care which leaves me with a confidence that I am being well taken care of. I am thankful to her and Sunnybrook for their excellent care. Anna G Sept 2010

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010