Ratings for Dr. Michelle R. Zeanah

Both of my children used Zeanah but she has made rude comments on many occasions. I missed an appointment that her unprofessional staff failed to tell me about. Then Dr. Zeanah sends a Certified Letter via mail stating she will no longer see either child anymore. Blessing on my part, but VERY unprofessional when that was the ONLY appointment I didn't make between both of my children. Dr. Zeanah also put me down as a mother for denying the Gardisill shot. She has also put me down as a mother on many other occasions even though she has no children of her own. I don't recommend her to anyone because she's rude and truthfully my kids hated having to go see her because they didn't feel comfortable with her at all.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Very rude. After waiting in a small, exam room with a 2 year old for over 30 minutes she seemed shocked that my child was not in a great mood and was whiny. Does she not understand that you can't expect a 2 year old to act like a 10 year old? She then scolded me when she found out my 2 year old gets out of bed once a night and comes into my room. She looked at me with complete shock and her response "most children 5 months and older sleep through the night without waking up". Her only experience (according to her) with raising children has been babysitting. However, she is very quick to belittle parents and offer unwanted advice that reflects her lack of knowledge in child rearing. It would be advantageous of her to stick with what she knows (pediatric medicine) and not to assume that she knows anything about raising a child. Being an actual parent and reading from a text book are not the same thing!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

We came in for a baby with tummy troubles. We would later find out (with no.help from Zeanah) that Gerbera had a recall on formula. Zeanah was dismissive and rude. She said it was colic and we didn't know how to soothe a baby. She told us to find a 70 year old who had experience with babies. Very unprofessional statement. Rather than sympathizing with our issue and trying to make suggestions on things we could try, she belittled us as parents. She told us there was no formula to help colic but we would later find that similac makes a formula called alimentum for collicky babies. She was combative and dismissive when we were in need of help.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012