Ratings for Dr. Alan A. Binette

As a new patient to Dr. Binette's office, I was treated so kindly. He visited with me and was genuinely concerned about my well-being and health. There are many options out there and I am so glad I have chosen Dr. Binette as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I've been going to him for 20 years and can't imagine having any other doctor. He is the brightest (according to other doctors) and the most kindest (according to his patients) doctor I've ever known. Truly a first-rate physician with compassion, humor, and a world of expertise.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Been a patient for 24 years. In all that time there has been only 2 times where my appointment has been on time. The office constantly overbooks his appointments. Always at least 45 minute wait time, even if your the first appointment of the day. He delivered 2 of my three children and is an amazing doctor but the office staff and the wait times just to see him left me searching for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

After reading the review below this one, I just had to write. Dr. Binette is the most caring, knowledgeable doctor I know. I have been going to him for over 20 years and now I'm going to see if he will be my primary physician also. He has diagnosed me with symptoms outside his Ob-Gyn specialty, where specialists were not able to. If you want a caring and very smart doctor , Dr. B is your answer.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Awful & unorganized! He deliver 2 out of 4 of my children. He runs women through his office and labor & delivery like a hurd of cattle. At first he seems sweet and very patient, but after your done having babies he kicks you to the curb or doesnt remember ever seeing you. During my last appointment in his office, I started o cry and felt dehumanized. My husband got to my appointment late and he walked into the exam room with me crying and had to take over rest of the appointment. I couldnt speak anymore. If you want to be treated disrespectful, than he's the Dr for you. Yes, he's know to do good c-sections and surgery but he gets way to much credit where credit isn't due. If he's so busy that even with a chart in front of him...that he cant remember you, or that he delivered your children, or asks e hat form of birth control you're using when the chart infront of him clearly shows he did your tubal ligation....how lame!!! He's a meglomaniac perv!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Nurse doesn't listen to me on the phone!! I mentioned a concern about a cold medicine while pregnant and she said "of course you can take your vitamin" and I reiterated what I wanted to take and she said "your vitamins are not a problem." When I asked that she consult with the Dr. she did (thankfully) and called back and said I didn't need an appointment and that I will be fine. I will be going elsewhere for my next pregnancy. Either he is as dismissive as her or bad at hiring the most important staff he could hire. So upsetting.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Loved him and his office, but in the last year he and his nurse have seemed dismissive. He doesn't take the time to listen and address concerns, just says "don't worry, it's normal." To a patient who is visibly/clearly worried , this is not helpful in the least. Nurse doesn't even listen on the phone most of the time. Friendly when you are there, but rushed and curt on the phone. It's unfortunate, I have always loved my precious visits. Which is saying something for an OB appointment.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Binette literally saved my life. I couldn't recommend a better doctor!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Dr. Binette is very caring, knowledgeable,skilled and has a great sense of humor. That is important when you are receiving bad news. Before and after my surgery, both Dr. Binette and his staff went out of their way to make me feel cared for. Very important when you are alone!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Dr. Alan A. Binette's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Providence

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As a new patient to Dr. Binette's office, I was treated so kindly. He visited with me and was genuinely concerned about my well-being and health. There are many..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to him for 20 years and can't imagine having any other doctor. He is the brightest (according to other doctors) and the most kindest (according..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Been a patient for 24 years. In all that time there has been only 2 times where my appointment has been on time. The office constantly overbooks his appointment..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After reading the review below this one, I just had to write. Dr. Binette is the most caring, knowledgeable doctor I know. I have been going to him for over 20 ..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Awful & unorganized! He deliver 2 out of 4 of my children. He runs women through his office and labor & delivery like a hurd of cattle. At first he seems sw..."

September 26, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Alan" to "Alan A."

October 20, 2013