Ratings for Dr. Hung Tran

Terrible is an understatement for this doctor. He has no desire to help his patients. Money is his one & only concern. He's a fraud. Plain & simple.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Tran has been seeing me for ten years. He has helped my complex issues both with medication and therapy. Before dr. Tran I was in as nd out of mental hospitals. Since seeing him I have not been hospitalized. He has closely monitored my meds and mental health.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

My son needed help fast. Dr. Tran's office was able to get him in quickly. I know I could be a better parents, but I don't judged at all by Dr. Tran. And my son really like him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I find Dr. Tran and his office to be very efficient. My questions and concerns were always addressed quickly.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Tran provides therapy as well as medication management. He takes time to help you look at things differently.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr Tran is the first psychiatrist who I've dealt with in over 22 years that didn't just push pills and get me out the door. He listens to my problems, and provides guidance on how to help myself get better. If you're not willing to take responsibility on your mental health and work on your issues, you are missing out on one of Dr Tran's strengths. His support staff is top-rate as well; I even receive txt reminders for my appointments, and I am always greeted with a warm smile.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. Tran is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. I have seen many over the years. I was extremely impressed with many aspects of his practice. The typical shrink I come across spends 20-30 minutes with me & writes me an Rx & really invests no time in actual talk therapy. Dr. Tran provides therapy with the Rx. As it should be. He is very intelligent and compassionate. He has an obvious & genuine interest in helping his patients. You can tell he is passionate about his work. Refreshing!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

He tried to dig too deeply into my past. I resisted- he is not a therapist and that made me uncomfortable. He prescribed an rx that I told him I'd taken before and had no benefits from. He insisted that the dosage wasn't high enough even though I said I'd tried that & it just increased insomnia. He said that sleeping pills would just x that out. I'm familiar enough with sedatives to know that taking them for an extended period is not a good idea and can actually worsen depressive symptoms. He would not consider an off-label rx despite my history of rx's not working. Finally he had me READ ALOUD some quote about changing your attitude. He asked what I wanted most in my life @ that moment & I said to move because I hate it here. He insisted that it was my really my "hate" that was making me unhappy. When someone is feeling suicidal, telling them they're flawed in their thinking is not a wise 1st step. CBT has its place and its not in his office. Very, very disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr. Tran would not examine or discuss symptoms of possible bi-polar depression because he claimed that the condition did not present itself in older women.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Had trouble understanding him at first. I found him very good and to the point. I am still seeing him and will continue.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2006

Dr. Hung Tran's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1989)