Ratings for Dr. Paul E. Prosswimmer

I was referred for a root canal, when he was giving me the shot to numb the area I could hear liquid I told him it didn't seem normal, he said it was after about 45 min it still had not numbed he said he couldn't work on me and told me I'd need to come back. The next day I had a black bruise on my cheek from the inside about the size of half dollar, I called the office they told me let it heal, no concern at all. I wouldn't go back then they billed me 90.00 for the shot and threaten to take me to court.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

When putting the rubber dam over my mouth I felt suffocated this was also because I was congested and could not breath through my nose. I became anxious and was told that this happens with patients I apologized and left. The Dr. referred me to be put under for a root canal. I thought this was drastic. I spoke with my general practitioner he prescribed Xanax and told me I should take it before I go and I should not need general anesthesia to have a root canal. When I tried to reschedule I was told that if I became anxious it would cause the Dr. to get anxious as well and he could not work on me. So they refused me an appointment to reschedule. I have been going to the dentist since I was 3 and had a root canal with this dentist 6 mo. prior. This dentist sent me home after injecting me numerous times to numb my mouth and didn't even prescribe an antibiotic now I have to worry about infection. This is has been an awful experience and has made me lose respect for this dentist.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014