Ratings for Dr. Charlotte E. Grayson Mathis

The staff is discourteous, impolite and downright rude. I’ve been a patient of Dr. Charlotte Grayson’s for years. There have never been any issues previous to today. This morning I called to see if she would perform a certain medical procedure or if I needed to see a specialist. I was told, quite brusquely by the nurse that Dr. Grayson doesn’t believe in that [procedure] and I would need a specialist. When I asked for a referral she repeated that Dr. Grayson does not believe in the procedure and would not give me a referral. I asked who she would refer me to if I were NOT getting that procedure and I received the same ‘does not believe, no referral’ response. I explained to the nurse that I trust Dr Grayson’s medical knowledge and would genuinely like to know the reasoning behind this, I was repeatedly told it was the Dr’s opinion. I eventually asked if it would be possible to speak directly to her about this. At my insistence, the nurse took my name and number and promptly hung up. Later I received a call from the office with a referral to a doctor in the area. But still no explanation as to why the doctor was so opposed to the procedure. I am disappointed and frustrated with the whole conversation. The nurse had no reason to be impolite. On top of the hassle of simply trying to get a referral, I never received a call from the doctor explaining her point of view on the procedure. I’m a patient asking for an educated, medical opinion. I deserved better treatment than that. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr. Charlotte E. Grayson Mathis's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)