Ratings for Dr. Charles B. Lovelady, F.A.C.S.

He was great with my mother who was in the hospital being treated by another Doctor. I felt confused and did not have a sense of her condition until he was called to treat her. The other doctor made me feel like I was asking too many questions but this is my mother. I am going to ask questions. When Dr Lovelady left the room after working my mother up I felt like "finally, we have a plan and we all know what it is and what to expect. ". I am glad the other Dr went in vacation so we could work wit Dr Lovelady. She was rude. Dr Lovelady is a great Doctor and my mother is better and following up with him every six weeks. She always says how lucky she is to be treated by him. I always feel better after checking how her appointment went.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

My family doctor thinks very highly of Dr. Lovelady and sent me to him for trouble I was having swallowing food my throat feels tight. I am being treated for gerd/reflux. I did not think I have reflux but after an egd and taking medicine and watching my diet I am feeling better. I was worried about something major but after his evaluation and work up to the egd and the egd I am glad it is something we can treat with medicine and diet. I will go see him in the office again in 2 weeks. He told me I might not need to be on medicine permanently so we are going to decide on a plan of care then. This is a smart guy. The people in the hospital all tell me they think he is a good doctor which also gave me confidence when he was first new to me. It is good to have a general surgeon in the community I can have faith in.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Insist on Dr. Lovelady when you make the appointment. The the lady at the front desk is somewhat lackadaisical and that is also reflected in the office in general [just some basic upkeep would help-jarring, unattended radio torn magazines, worn out in general-dirty?] but I was able to look past that once I had my appointment with Dr. Lovelady. The nurse was efficient in checking me in and her area was orderly and clean. Dr. Lovelady is a good listener and as we had no history together did not speak in absolutes for my condition. I have been having a hard time swallowing. He suggested several potential causes and suggested to treat based upon what was most likely and suggested we schedule an EGD. I like his conservative approach and his manner. He was clinical, but still a very gentle person. I went into the appointment very worried, but left there with the feeling that I would get the treatment I need. I am scheduled for an EGD after I get back from vacation.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Lovelady gave me excellent care. I was in the hospital for several days being cared for by another physician. Over the week end she was off and Dr. Lovelady took over my care. I did not really understand my condition or what they planned to do about it. I think they were watching me, I am not sure and I had been in the hospital for three days when Dr. Lovelady took over. The first time I understood that there was a plan for me was about 15 minutes after he saw me. He ran additional tests, repeated some tests, and changed my medications. I finally understood I have Intestinal bleeding and he suggested we keep an eye on my condition over the week end, I might not need surgery. If my condition continued to improve, I would be released and I would follow up at the office in a week. This was on Friday morning. By Sunday I was feeling better and tests showed the bleeding had resolved. I was checked into the hospital by the other doctor and at discharge I asked if I could see Dr. Lovelady in follow up to follow my condition. I was told it was my preference who I wanted to see in follow up. I am going to follow up with Dr. Lovelady. He turned my condition around and gave me the treatment I needed. I finally understood what was going on with my health and I was very confident in what he explained to me. He put my family at ease and I will continue to see him.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I Recommend without reservation. Good surgeon and physician.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Lovelady took care of my mother and she received excellent care from him. He was very thorough and took time explaining every aspect of her care. He treated he like a person first and a patient second. We always knew what was happening and knew he had a plan. We were very confident and thankful that he was her doctor when she came to the emergency room.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Dr. Charles B. Lovelady, F.A.C.S.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lovelady is a Board Certified General Surgeon endorsed by the American Board of Medical Specialties and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has a background in acute care, as well as a focus on trauma/critical care during his residency training. As a General Surgeon, his expertise is in procedures of the abdomen including the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, intestines, gallbladder and bile ducts. He also has extensive knowledge in the area of diseases involving the skin, breast and soft tissue, as well as hernias and anti-reflux surgeries. Most of the Surgeries he performs are Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Suregeries such as treatment for Gallbladder disease, and Hernia Repair. Dr. Lovelady studied at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine where he earned his Doctor of Medicine.He completed General Surgery residency at Greenville Memorial Hospital in Greenville, S.C. Dr. Lovelady’s work experience includes time in both private and hospital-based general surgical practices. He has spent much of his career in rural communities where he was called upon to perform a broad range of medical decision-making, consults, surgeries and patient care.

• English

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
  • Appendicitis
  • Melanoma
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Skin biopsy
  • Barrett's esophagus
  • Esophageal varices
  • GERD
  • Ulcerative colitis
  • Small bowel prolapse (enterocele)
  • Gastritis
  • Nonulcer stomach pain
  • Diverticulitis
  • Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
  • Bile reflux