Ratings for Dr. Paul E. CRAVEN

My experience with Dr. Craven's office was fine until I received their bills. I was told upon my first visit that my coverage was intact and in network. A Complete Lie: As it turns out, they were not contracted with my insurance company (United Health Care - not a small company). I then (before receiving their bill) took my two girls to Dr. Craven's office for routine checkups. I gave them my card, was rewarded by smiles all around, only to later receive the bill (with the previous bill attached) showing that none of the services were covered. When I called them to question why they would not bring it to my attention that they were not contracted with UHC, I was told "I would never had said you had coverage if you didn't". But, that's exactly what happened. Dr. Craven's services were satisfactory, but beware his office staff's ineptitude. Be absolutely sure you are covered and in network before moving forward with these people. Inept, inept, inept!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014