Ratings for Dr. Ronald Laub

Dr. Ronald Laub is a poor excuse for a doctor. I was already established at the practice with Dr. Christopher Malinky; how I got transferred Dr "Lost Cause" I don't know. After being allergic to many oral pain meds, I sought to have an intrathecal pain pump put in for two reasons (1)meds were coming up missing and (2)I truly felt I needed constant management of my pain. Dr. Laub said before I could have the intrathecal pain pump put in, I had to taper down on my Dilaudid and quit smoking. After the worst two weeks of tapering down on the Dilaudid and quitting smoking successfully, I went to my "pre-op" appointment with Dr. Laub. He said I was not a candidate for a pain pump and walked out the door. I sat there with my jaw dropped, pain intensifying and anger boiling. After the awfulness of what I just went through doing everything that was asked of me, he basically dumped me on the curb. This started a long process of having to find a new pain management doctor to take me on. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to Dr. Laub. The staff are short-fused, all they care about is receiving their money even before my insurance has paid their 80%, you do end up seeing PA's more often than the doctors and God-forbid you should have an emergency- their answering service is a joke. No way am I going back there. I'll live in and die from the pain first.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

It is tough to rate a doctor when you don't get to see him/her because the in office wait times are long and the staff struggles to efficiently process your paperwork. The low ratings are for the struggle with offices inefficiency.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr.Laub has been nothing short of amazing! Great physician, great staff. I feel so fortunate to have been referred to Dr.Laub for my back pain

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

If there was a rating for temperament, I would rate Dr, Laub a 0 out of 10. Sometimes he can seem friendly and other times he seems like he is on the war path. I've never had a more difficult doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I saw Dr. Laub for continued pain after a talonavicular fusion. During the last four years, I have tried everything I could think of (including a lot of out of pocket expenses) to help the pain in my foot. Nothing helped. I was expecting Dr. Laub to completely blow me off and to tell me to just live with it. Instead, he spent over an hour discussing my problems and even immediately came up with something else to try! I have hope now! He was wonderful and very caring.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr.Laub was very helpful after I lost my doctor of ten years. He spent a lot of time with me and tried to find the right drug for me. By no means is he a push over but he is fair..

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I went to see Dr. Laub after my doctor retired. He was sick that day and at first my appointment had to be rescheduled. After a couple of hours, he came back despite feeling not up to par and I went in to see him. He was very friendly with both me and my daughter. He was kind and non judgemental, and he asked and diagnosed what my symptoms were. He was very easy to talk to, patient and I felt very comfortable with him. His staff is also extremely kind and proficient. I feel very comfortable and confident recommending Dr. Laub and his staff to my loved ones.

Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Laub and the staff at this practice are so friendly and helpful. Dealing with migraines over the past 10 years I am so pleased to be headache free finally. Everyone was so friendly from the moment I walked in through each of the procedures. They really looked out for my well being. They were patient, kind and understanding when I felt so anxious around the first procedure. I would recommend this office to anyone. Simply the best!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

This practice is a very enjoyable one to be apart of. The staff are kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Living with chronic pain often involves difficult choices. Taking less narcotics, stopping smoking, losing weight, promoting function, returning to work are difficult messages to hear, difficult to deliver, and often unwelcome. Yet they are part of chronic pan management. Trashing doctors anonymously on the Internet is easy to do, but is an unfair response when patients are told that they may need less narcotic, not more. I take the negative comments personally. Many "ratings" are actually rantings in response to a difficult message politely, but plainly delivered. If you are looking for high dose Narcotics for pain, rather than doing the hard work of pain mitigation then you should, indeed look elsewhere for pain management. Ronald M Laub, MD.

Dr. Ronald Laub's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1977)

Commercial Insurance Company