Ratings for Dr. Paul W. HEATH

The following is upsetting to me and I wish to forget it happened, but at the same time, I need to tell it. I had a cavity filled by him, and I believe it was a few days afterwards that my tooth and jaw was hurting because it was too high. That is, the filling was not even with the original surface. I went back and he ground it down, but then, within a week or two, I noticed all these pits over many of my teeth. (Little holes on the biting surfaces) It appeared he had ground too much down so I went back telling him I thought too much had been ground down and it was causing pits in the rest of my teeth. He looked in my mouth and said he saw the problem. I noticed that he had a tool that looked like it was meant for grinding. And this part I remember clearly! He started for my mouth and I said, wait, I don't want more ground off! He said it's just an "anomaly", hold still. I said, But, but.... And he shoved his thumb in my mouth and ground down more of my tooth material! I was shocked and didn't know what to do. My wife said that I should have bit his thumb. On the way out, his wife said, fifty dolla please. She charged me $50 for damaging my teeth even more than they were! Needless to say, the pits grew more and I still have problems with them. I couldn't go back to him for treating me as such and asked for my records and X-Rays to take to another dentist. His wife said she couldn't give me my records which I considered having paid for and being "my" records. She said they were Dr. Heath's and I couldn't even look at them. She gave me a copy of the X-rays - photocopies of the little 1x2's. I asked for something a little more useful, but she declined. They had gone to digital and increased their prices so I was hoping for something on a disk, but no luck there. I should have sensed something before, because my wife had concerns over being x-rayed and he wouldn't look at her. She then had to go without dental care for a long time before I could talk her into seeing another dentist. I hope he's not harming others. His wife as the receptionist seems to be detrimental to the practice. If he's still practicing somewhere, please, please, investigate him. I had complained to the Kansas Dental Association and got a response back saying I should go to another dentist to "assess my dental problem". I'm not sure how that prevents others from being harmed.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

This denist does very shoddy work, he has horrible breath , the staff does a poor job on filing with insurance company takes them many months and then they expect you to do all the leg work. You can expect to have your work redone over again if you go to him you will be sorry.It will cost you way to much money.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013