Ratings for Dr. Maria R. Keanchong

I thought that Dr. Keanchong was very upfront and honest with her opinion and I really appreciate that part of her style. I can see how not everyone can understand her naked honesty and one may interpret that as having no bedside manner or condesending. I rather a doctor that is honest with me and tells me things like it is not just a "yes" person. I really liked that style.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I like going to this office. The stuff is nice, quick, and informative. The office is clean and the waiting once a while during emergency deliveries is fine with me.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr. Keanchong has been fabulous. I have had many issues in the last year. She patiently worked with me, discussed options, went over my family history, and even reached out to another doctor at my request to discuss a concern that I had. I appreciate her thorough nature.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Long story short. No bedside manner. Rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

So I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. Doctor that delivered my 1st retired. Someone at my son peditrician office recommended her as she was there with her new born. I wish i would've done more research and came across these reviews sooner. I truly regret NOT going with my gut feeling. From the beginning she was rarely available...pretty much every appt was the nurse practitioner. I kept giving her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe i scheduled on days she wasnt in the office, on call, etc. I've seen her probably 3x. And this last time i saw her i wanted to discuss my birth preference and ask her questions and the ones i did she answered with something unrelated. Of course i was left uneasy. I called a different doctors office to see if they would take me this late in the game and unfortunately they can't. I just knew from the start i should've changed. All im left with is with prayers and hope i labor at home and all goes well without anybody pushing unnecessary procedures. I feel a lot more comfortable with the nurse practioners than i do with her.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I was referred to this doctor by my high risk VBAC OB. Boy do I regret seeing her! I was diagnosed last year with endometriosis- I had a surgery that confirmed it and everything. I soon after conceived, when given a small window of time to try. I delivered a healthy boy in October. At 5 weeks postpartum my OB diagnosed with a prolapse. I decided to go to see Dr. Keanchong at 9 weeks postpartum about genorolapse and about my endometriosis and I had begun having horrible pain that mimicked my symptoms back when I was diagnosed. She spoke to me in a condescending manner, acted as if everything I had told her was just in my head (though I have Medical records indicating everything I said), and referred to my chronic migraine(which prevent my use of birth control) as headaches. Oh she also told me that my options sucked because of my "headaches". I left her office EXTREMELY offended and also confused because she basically negated everything my other Doctors had told me without much to go off of. Safe to say I will never return. She is cold and extremely rude. I felt as if I were being tested the entire visit. Is this normal to question a patient as if they are lying? Her exact words, "so if I were to look at your records would it confirm what you're telling me?". Really?!?! Do NOT see this doctor if you would like compassion, respect, and answers. **the rest of the office staff was nice.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I went to Dr. Keanchong about 2.5 years ago. First time pregnant, the office staff was nice, but was kinda clueless. Gave me forms not fully filled out, an appointment for an office in westwood that closed before my exam date, etc. Still went through, though. She was noticiblly busy, but at the same time I was 2-3 months pregnant, and not a priority. Then, my ultrasound came back weird. I had already done the harmony test, and knew it was not downs. She insisted it was Downs, and said she never got the lab results (I had a copy in my hand). Still insisted that I redo the harmony test. Nurse laughed at her for that btw. The ultrasound doctors (not her) referred me to a heart specialist instead. Dr. Keanchong called me about an abortion soon after that, to which I told her no. The next appointment, she spent 30 min explaining to me on why I should get an abortion, that I would devistate the child's quality of life, and that my child wouldn't be a "miracle child" and that he only has a 1% survival rate (FALSE ... CHD children have 85% average survival rate, some hospitals even say higher). She went on to talk how she has seen more babies than other OBs, and that both my child and I would suffer like her other patients that did not listen to her (with examples of how many children have died, and how a mom lost her triplets that way, etc). We parted ways after that, but I still have nightmares of that day, where I feel like she was going to make me have an abortion before I left. The new OB that I had after that was apalled because Dr. Keanchong did not do a good 50% of the tests that she usually performs. My old medical files never got transferred electronically by her office despite mumerous attempts (I thankfully asked for a physical printout of all tests and records before I left). I do not recommend her to anyone. FYI, my baby is almost turning 2 years old. It's a struggle, but my child is alive, laughing, screaming, eating, and being a terrible twos toddler. Please, moms, make the choice that makes you happy. I read a lot of stories just here on her, and I wanted to caution you about her. My current OB encouraged me and honored my choices. So should yours..

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Keanchong might be very good at dealing with surgical matters, but for simple gynecological visits, she does not have a great bedside manner. I went to her after being unable to conceive, trying to find out an answer as to why I had one perfect pregnancy and birth but was having trouble at the age of 36 to conceive. One of the first things she asked me was when my mother went into menopause and that it sounds like I'm menopausal. Even if that were the case (it is not as I'm currently pregnant again), she should not alarm a patient who is clearly wanting to conceive again and is having troubles. I just found her to be too cold. I never saw her again and am happy that I didn't give up and accept her unfounded diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

HORRIBLE! Made me wait over an hour for every visit. Had me unnecessarily induced and pressured me into a c section, telling me I was not dilating fast enough (for a first time mom, apparently 12 hours is too slow to reach 6 cm from 0 cm). Changed my due date by a 1 week in order to work around the hospital's induction policy. A few months after my csection, I went to her with RLQ pain. She dismissed it as colitis, ordered a pelvic u/s just in case, and never called me back with results. I ended up in the hospital with a ruptured appendix and peritonitis, almost died. I called her office to notify them. She never called to follow up with me. Additionally, condescending when answering patient questions and rushed in and out of my room. I regret keeping her as my OB during my pregnancy and not being a strong advocate for myself and refusing to let her induce me and perform surgery unecessarily (no decelerations, no fetal distress). I was wrong to trust this doctor. Her actions and bedside manner show me that she does not care about her patients.

Submitted December 16, 2015

As a regular gynecologist, Keanchong lacks concern for patients. Perhaps if I was pregnant she would have more time for me since she knows I would be back adding to her pocket. I came back to her office thinking it would be a better appointment only to have her be dismissive of my questions and concerns about lab results and a mammogram, which luckily was negative for abnormalities. . She told me if my breast are bothering me, I can see a breast care doctor but offered no referral even though I asked saying the one she knew left the practice in the same building. As she ran out, I had to ask whether I should take any vitamins. She clearly didn't have any time for me.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Maria R. Keanchong's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hackensack, NJ