Ratings for Dr. David R. BLACKBURN

My, particular experience with him was horrible. He YELLED at me for crying in his office. I was there for ADHD help. Thank GOD I wasn't in more serious need of care; a weaker person could've EASILY been pushed to suicide or become suicidal due to his behavior. I wish I had filed a complaint but I was so devastated and let down after excitedly awaiting my appt for THREE months that I just went home and cried. Unless he's changed, I would never recommend him to ANYONE. I would consider him a DANGER to mental health patients. I hope he never treated anyone else the way he treated me. All I wanted was help and got scolded. I later got my ADHD diagnosis from THOROUGH, EXTENDED testing and a WONDERFUL therapist. I really wish I would've reported him but was not in the right mindset at the time. I was also a new mom with a husband deployed to Iraq. Also he's VERY judgmental if you're honest about past history. Be careful what you share with him. Good luck to all seeking help.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013