Ratings for Dr. Terrence E. Hess

his is a thank you message for Dr. Hess. I am back to full level of activities after working with you, letting my foot heal and with new orthotics and shoes. Very pleased with the care and expertise you’ve provided since I came to you last October. Was able to get back to cycling long distances (600 last weekend) and finished without “hot foot” or any signs of neuropathy. J

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I had been seeing Dr. Hess for many years. He has done 4 surgeries on my Left foot. 3 for a Neuroma and one for plantar Fasciitis. He dismissed my heal pain and did not do any testing (x-ray or MRI) on my foot to see the cause of the pain. He did do an ultrasound. He gave me injections of cortisone every few weeks. I had a total of about 10. After he did the Plantar Fascia release on my left foot I was still complaining of heal pain. He told me it was "referred pain" from the surgery I had. He made me feel like an idiot and did some stupid arm test to see if it was all in my head! I never went back to him after that. I went to see a new Dr. and he did an MRI. What he found was that I had edema in my heel bone and an 1 1/2 inch bone spur as well as plantar fasciitis and a high arch. He did not recommend any more injections. I was in a boot for 8 weeks, a cast for 6 weeks, and a boot for 6 weeks. Steroids were given for the swelling. I'm much better now. I would not recommend Dr. Hess

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr. Hess is very down to earth. I dropped pruning shears on my foot and severed a tendon. Dr. Hess attached the tendon and I am currently in the post op stage. All the staff was very sweet and nurse Susan was very kind. I read the reviews prior to my visit and I still chose to see dr. Hess, I did not experience what the other reviews state. My experience was awesome. Dr. Hess also gives you his personal phone number to call for any after hour issues and that in itself is pretty amazing.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I came to Dr Hess with the recommendation of a toe fusion from two other doctors. Against my better judgement and expressed opinion, I let him talk me into a cheilectomy. I didn't think it would work, and it didn't. I'm in just as much pain as before, and I now look at the prospect of more deductables and out of pocket expenses to get it done right. He also performed wedge resections on both right and left toenails. It worked on one toe. The other nail has completely grown back. Another do over. He always seems in a hurry, doesn't listen well, and was generally condescending and dismissive to me when I expressed my concerns. I recently had a different orthopedic procedure at Harborview in Seattle. Their professionalism, thoroughness, and competence was dramatically superior to my experience in Olympia. I agree with the comment that Dr Hess is about the money. Go there if you like cattle car operations.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

When I moved to this area from out of state, my personal physician strongly recommended Dr. Hess and his office in Tumwater, WA. I am an 81-year old Type 1 diabetic under good control with flat feet, and I went to Dr. Hess initially to get relief from hammertoe pain. After seven years as his patient, I would not think of going to anyone else for any problem involving my lower extremities. His associates (I have had several appointments with Dr. Burghardt) are excellent, and the staff is helpful and invariably courteous. There is nothing in my experience that would justify a less than top rating of Dr. Hess, his fellow physicians, or his staff.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Had a terrible visit. Agree that the Dr is inappropriate. Scary that he's a doctor and does surgery.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

There are privacy laws for a reason. I found that my privacy was breached several times at Foot and Ankle Surgical Associates. I specifically asked that my privacy be respected and I was told that what I said would not be kept private. After that, I just stopped saying anything. Hess also shared pictures of other patients' feet with me. I'm not sure if they gave him their permission or not. The office, staff, and the doctors were unprofessional in their actions.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr hess was very helpful explaining my condition and relieving my anxiety. I had questions after I left the office. I went in for a consultation and had further questions later. I called the office and was given the option of talking with the primary nurse or medical assistant. The surgery was quick and painless. I am satisfied with the process and outcome.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

This office was always late, they overbook, then when it is your turn you feel rushed. Not very good customer service, didn't feel like I was getting all the answers I needed. Unfortunately, nothing he did helped and I'm a little worried bout trying another podiatrist. Really soured me, might just go to my regular md. Also, made me feel uncomfortable, don't know why, told me an inapproriate joke and it made me feel weird.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

I went to see a specialist in Seattle. He told me that Hess did an incomplete job on my surgery. He thinks Hess was too rushed. This is after I went to a different doctor that pointed out a piece of bone was left behind a could be causing me a lot of trouble. Hess did a couple procedures in the same area and now I'm looking at a third surgery to fix what he messed up. This surgery will be much more complicated and will require 6 weeks on crutches. I cannot speak strongly enough about how I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

Dr. Terrence E. Hess's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1993)