Dr. H. Lionel Faitelson

Ratings for Dr. H. Lionel Faitelson

I met Dr. Faitelson in, I think, 1999. Quite by accident to be sure because I was in TMC, about to die. He must have been on call. Nevertheless, he and Dr. Sethi gave me back my life. Over the years, he has worked on trying to control atrial fibrillation. Many different medications were employed - none of which were of much help. Finally, his specialty, cardiac ablation, came to the rescue. He is frequently detached and if you must be your own health proponent. In that case, he is a willing co-worker.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Still getting tests done by Dr Faitelson so I'm not sure how to rate him. I'm never sick & now he wants to run all these tests because he doesn't like what he sees. I'm not sure what he sees because I received a call from his staff & I was told all tests came out good. What?? The office cleanliness scares me, no air conditioning, it's way too old and dirty of a building to do any kind of business in especially a doctor. He doesn't look at you at all, but talks to his computer. this leaves you confused and wanting to know if you should come back. I'm hoping he knows what he's talking about. May end up getting another opinion just because he doesn't give me a safe feeling.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. Faitelson was highly recommended to me by my primary care physician. He was very kind and answered all of my questions. He was running a bit behind but it was well worth the wait. It is not easy to go to the doctor but I am glad I went to this one.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. Faitelson implanted my pacemaker in 05. I was 43 years old at the time. He has never given me more than a glance. My pacemaker was pacing at a very low level and he changed the settings without notifying me, which made the device pace 100% over a six month period. The medtronic rep was present on a subsequent visit and reprogrammed back. No explanation given. Office is in poor condition and not conducive to the usual hour late time you will experience. He fails to give explanations to what is happening and treats me like cattle, even though I am clearly an anomaly, as I am 30 years younger than most in the waiting room. I am currently looking to change cardiologists to one who will look me in the eye and give me some feedback instead of, "youre fine." I walk away from a visit with Dr. Faitelson with a chip on my shoulder. I'm told he is an excellent technician and a terrible communicator. When I see him, I feel like connecting my fist to his face. Just kidding there.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Dr. Faitelson came highly recommended to me by a lung specialist who found I had CHF. He had placed a bi-ventricular pacemaker in me, his first, during the intial trials for it and did a far better lead placement than the more experianced doctor who did the first @20 implantations for that region, according to the device company representative. I have been told by other professionals that they consider him to be one of the best in the business. I agree, I could not have found better anywhere. His patient manner is ok, but I am not in need of a great bed side manner, I see him because he is the best at what he does. He is a perfectionist at his craft and extremely knowlegeable. The office enviroment is fairly poor.The staff is somewhat friendly over all, though his assistants have been above the norm. The work load on them is very high and the building is older and small. He is very sought after and tends to be hard to get to see as a new patient because of this.

Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Faitelson is the best in the heart business. He performed two RF cardiac ablations on me, one on the left atria and one on the right. I'm now off all meds for atrial fibrillation.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

He is an excellent, knowledgeable dr. but in a hurry due to patient load. His staff is not very helpful and neglects to do things requested both by patient and dr. The office is very dated and in need of upgrading.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2007

Top notch knowledge. Advanced training in electophysiolgy. However, absoluely zero communications skills. Always in a hurry. And the staff is no better with one exception. Rude and unhelpful. Waiting room is not inviting.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2006