Ratings for Dr. Jay M. Portnow

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

The staff hung up on me when I called to make sure when my appointment was Portnow was Terribly rude. Was calling patients in like it was the DMV or DTA, not a doctor's office. I've been called more personably at a deli counter. Laughed in my face when I told him I was disabled, right after I listed off all the other medical problems I have. When he was examining me he called in a female staff member in to assist him and witness as per usual with doctor/patient sex differences. She didn't pay attention at all. He didn't seem to understand anything about fibromyalgia though that's why I was sent to him. Didn't pay attention to the fact I can't physically exert myself due to my other health problems. Acted like he thought I was faking my condition especially after he saw I was still flexible, even though everything he asked me to do hurt me like hell. Was talking as though he would treat me like it was a disc injury. Doesn't seem to understand young=/=healthy. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Dr. Jay M. Portnow's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Brockton, MA