Ratings for Dr. Karo K. Arzoo

Dr. Arzoo was the kindest, most compassionate and dedicated and honest doctor I had ever come across. My mother went into her doctor, he found a lump, she had the ultrasound, biopsy, and within 2 weeks we were sitting in front of Dr Arzoo and he just had the most comforting bedside manner. We were nervous and did not know what we were dealing with, then the he had to tell us the worst news of our lives -- my mother had late stage 3 carcinoma in the breast AND lymph nodes which was triple negative: chemo resistant, hormone resistant and mast growing --- needless to say it was a long long hard and tortuous journey for her and us. But Dr Arzoo was there every step of the way!!! He was amazing, and always attentive. My mother has been 1 year without cancer -- BUT that is not to say that is will not come back --- that being said if it does, we can say we were given extra time to prepare and get closer to my mom!!! God bless Dr. Arzoo!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

This doctor seems to be nice when talking to a patient, but his staff is horrible. Not professional, careless and rude. Overall I am not satisfied with this doctor. It takes more than usaul to get regular blood test results ( 2 weeks). He is a nice person but it didn't help my problem. I am looking for a different doctor.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Most heartless doctor and human I have come across. He treats stage 3 and 4 cancer patients as if they are on death row. He does not care to be up to date on treatment that may extend quality of life or time. His staff is equally unprofessional and rude. They may deal with cancer everyday but most patients do not and are scared. He treated my MOTHER with his substandard assembly line protocol. Anytime my family or I would suggest or question treatment or anything for that matter he would turn around and say "your mother is going to die, whats the point?" Maybe if Dr. Karo had a family member with cancer he would have more compassion. We are not looking for hugs or shoulders to cry on just a little bit of sensitivity and professional treatment. You reap what you sow Karo. God help you not that you believe in any higher power.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. Arzoo is capable, kind, and compassionate -guided me through lung cancer treatment with infinite patience for my rudeness and arguments. He isn't a huggy-bunny-handholder -his sense of humor is very dry -but he is knowledgable, caring, and honest.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

very intelligent and very clear in his explanations. so compassionate. i felt like he was going through it with me.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Rude, heartless, unsympathetic! He spent over three months running tests before any proposed treatment and meantime the cancer grew (the different tests confirmed during all the testing it went from 4cm-7cm in one month...you'd think he'd see it's aggressive and start treatment) By the time he proposed treatment he said it wouldn't cure. He did not explain the results of any of the tests and basically said "You can die with chemo or without chemo but either way you die". Cancer is hard enough to battle; you need a compassionate, understanding and helpful oncologist. He is arrogant and gets offended by questions (it took three times for him to finally address my question). If you want a narrow minded Dr. then he is the Dr. for you. I am seeking a second opinion!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Arzoo has been very kind and compassionate from the time I was diagnosed with colon cancer. He has an inner calmness that is infectious. Many times when I was there, the rooms were full with patients and yet he was never rushed. He always asked a lot of question and answered all the questions asked. Even when he had to be firm he did it with humor and gentleness. The nurses around him are upbeat and nice. I am grateful that he is my doctor. The atmosphere he creates in his office is healing.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

He is knowledgeable but definately not the doctor for me! His staff is great. I am so glad I changed doctors and found a doctor that was not only brilliant but not as abrasive as Dr. Arzoo.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

This doctor is very knowledgable and is also very busy, his staff are as helpful as they can be especialy when they are over worked. I had an ok experience and trust this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

DR.Arzoo got me thru my renal cell carcinoma and nephrectomy. I found him caring and compassionate

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr. Karo K. Arzoo's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

GHI