Ratings for Dr. Douglas C. Vogel

the worst doctor that they have working in the er. I went to the er with stomach pains hoping to find out what was wrong instead he said the er was for life threatening situations only not for people with chronic pain. When your doctors office is closed for the day and you are in a lot of pain what are you supposed to do? I thought he was very rude and he needs to show more compassion for the people who are sick and hurting. He really needs to improve his bedside manners!!! He does not care about you or your concerns. I hope i never get him again.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Terrible. My son was rushed to the ER with a febrile seizure. Found out he had a middle ear infection. The staff didn't pay attention to the medications the EMTs gave him and I had to catch their error. They also didn't insert the IV correctly. Vogel insisted on a lumbar puncture and tried to give ketamine that didn't work, but still proceeded with lumbar procedure. He failed twice and my little 2yr old screamed. The staff left the room and my bloody child in my arms. Vogel then criticized us for being to emotional. He later claimed that he called PCMC and they said they would have never given him a lumbar puncture. He was a hot shot ER doctor trying to show off to his staff and be the BIG teacher. I refuse to take my child to this ER because of him. The IMC ER is a great ER if you get the right physician, but I would stay away from Douglas Vogel if you have a small child. Don't expect him to care about your concerns either. Wish my experience was different.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Douglas C. Vogel's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)