Ratings for Dr. Amrutlal J. Barot

This doctor treated me for partial complex seizures. I identified the seizures myself, he told me nothing. The doctor is very curt-talking, and WON'T listen to the patient's input. Dr. Barot made no assessment of my condition - he prescribed a medication I'd never taken,Keppea, and he put me on a CPAP machine (for seizures!?) The keppra caused weight gain. I only had two seizures in 2013, and three in 2014. These were all after I went to bed. However Dr. Barot wasn't satisfied. He want all seizures to disappear. He prescribed Trileptol . That medication made me slow mentally, caused me to have more seizures in 2015, get double vision, confusion, and vertigo. When I would call the doctor's office and tell him, he actually tried to feed me the line that those were seizures I was having! I called one day in April 2015 and told him I was stopping that Trileptal and I. refused to allow anybody to put that mess in me again. Hw has messed my life up. I'm still experiencing those side effects. I am 65

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

very thorough and caring.ries to spend tie to explain problems and rx.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Dr. Amrutlal J. Barot's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1972)