Ratings for Dr. Charles H. Alexander

Dr. Alexander is a great guy, but his office staff are positively the worst. Go ahead, try to call them. I just did, at 10:15 am, and got a recording telling me to call back during business hours--8:00 am to 4:30 pm. All I want is knee surgery, but it's a constant guessing game what sort of pre-op information they want from my regular doctor. I'm about to give up.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I WENT TO SEE DR CHO... jUST BECAUSE I WAS SENT THERE FOR A SECOND OPINION, WITHOUT CHECKING ME HE SAID HE DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO OFFER ME I WAS UPSET I ASKED HIM A COUPLE THING AND HIS ANSWER WAS I AM NOT AN SPECIALIST FOR THAT GO TO A PAIN MANAGEMENT, I ASKED WHAT ABOUT MEDICATION FOR THE PAIN HE TOLD ME TO GO SEE YOUR . I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT PLACER OR RECOMMEND IT.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

15 years ago, this Dr, was great and i never had to return for work well-done. So this year i decided to return for a different injury, his staff are rude no class at all, no one person, Jesse. Only hi, i waited 3 hrs, this Dr. Needs to thru the towl inn, he like his staff now mean.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Really helped with my shoulder issue and did not hesitate to whether my insurance would cover a cortisone shot. Yes he may be a little straight forward but he fixes you, which is all that really matters. I would rather have a competent doctor, than a nice doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I saw this doctor at his office at White Memorial Hospital. I had lower back pain and leg pain. He treated me awful as if it was my fault and he is not a very friendly physician. I have seen many physicians and he is the worse one. Do not go to him. I later saw doctors at the University of Southern California and I could tell the difference right away. It is like day and night. The doctors at USC also gave me less medication that actually worked.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I had a type II talus fracture back in July 2008. I went under the care of Charles Alexander. He performed an X-ray. It was visible that the fracture was still there. Without doing any further investigation with an MRI or a CT scan, he put me on physical therapy and weight bearing. His knowledge is so back dated that he didn't even know that an MRI could be performed if the screws inside are titanium. They stopped using steel screws 12 years ago. Using steel screws are unheard of in today's surgery. I went through a painful 6 months of rehab. His rehab center for physical therapy is smaller than my living room and I don't really have a big living room. I went there and they tried to get motion back into my ankle by exerting a lot of pressure on it. I eventually gave up because I was getting worse every day. I am currently under the care of UCLA Medical Center. These guys are really taking care of me doing every type of diagnosis possible and things are looking good now!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Dr. Charles H. Alexander's Credentials

• French

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1972)