Ratings for Dr. B Thomas Mazahery

Woah, I wanted to write this because I really think it's important to have balanced reviews. I've had two back surgeries ( L5, S1 are where my herniated disc issues were) with him. I think it's super important to note something. No matter what anyone tells you, a doctor included - if you have never had surgery on your back before - minimally invasive or not - it's STILL surgery. Your body needs time to heal. So, be realistic. Do the PT, be patient. Also, sometimes, the spine isn't perfect. Remember you had damage before. The doctor isn't the enemy. The doctor is there to help you. Dr. Mazahery did another surgery a couple of years later. I have been pain free since for 7 years. I hoped I would never have to see him again. Not because he wasn't an amazing doctor, but because if I ever did, that would mean I was in pain again. I hope he's doing well. He gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I trusted him to do a "minimally-invasive" surgery to repair a herniated disk. I was never able to get better, had to stop working and ended up permanently disabled. Turns out he chipped away at a bone spur, ended up removing the facet joint and did not do a fusion to stabilize my spine, so it slowly collapsed. After years of PT, more doctors, pain pills and agony, I found a wonderful neurosurgeon who figured it out and fused the disks. Unfortunately the nerves are probably never going to be the same, and my whole life and health have been negatively affected.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Don't trust this S.O.B- he's not a neuro and has no business going near your spinal cord. He paralyzed me and put me in acute P.T./O.T. for two weeks!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Not patient friendly very un interested in me because I was overweight . Treated me poorly and seemed like he was as upset that I had come to see him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I saw Dr. Mazahery for chronic back problems that had worsened after a car accident. Following a number of X-Rays and MRIs, all that I paid for directly out of pocket without insurance, his best diagnosis was that he couldn't see anything wrong at all. When I later spoke with his receptionist/nurse/secretary to request information or a referral for the next step that I should take to determine what the problem may be, he insisted that I return to his office to see him before he would offer anything additional. Reluctantly I agreed even though I was not happy about having to pay to see him again just to get a referral. When he entered the exam room, the next thing that happened shocked me beyond all possible expectation and belief. The doctor sat down in front of me and said: “the reason I wanted to see you again was to see if you are full of s.h.i.t. or not.” I couldn't believe what I had just heard and I was quite infuriated, but I kept my anger to myself. Following that, he gave me another spine exam and then told me that he couldn't offer any additional information as to what to do next. He also told me that he would not give me any kind of endorsement for workman's compensation. That's even though I had never once asked for anything of the sort. Let me also be clear on the fact that I never once asked for any kind of prescription for pain meds as I do not like to take meds of any kind. All that said, he had no reason what-so-ever to make such a comment to me as he did here during this visit. My opinion about the doctor and his practice is that they are rude and are more concerned with collecting money than the health and wellbeing of their patients. They made it very clear what their priorities are upon my very first visit to their office. I will never return to their practice or any of their doctors for treatment again.

Submitted December 14, 2015

My name Sahar Hatoum I had my surgery on February 24 /2015 with Dr mazahery nd it went very good nd he did excellent job pain gone next day no more back pain or leg pain nd I was walking next day with the nurse help nd after 3 days I went home nd I was in nd out of bed by myself no help even showered alone going up nd down the stairs by myself I would recommend Dr mazahery to any one who need back surgery he's very good at explain the problem you have nd he answer all my question nd also he's a funny guy always smiling

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I am 7 months out of two level lumbar spine fusion and have never felt better!!. Dr Mazahery is an amazing doctor. He is not only extremely knowledgeable in his field, but he completely put myself and family at ease with such an invasive surgery. I suffered for over 25 years, I tried every type of alternative therapy and finally decided that I couldn't go on like that anymore. If I had to do the surgery all over again tomorrow, yes I would do it.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I had sprain in my shoulder and was suffering with this since an year and made an appointment with Dr. Mazaharey.. initially I had doubts since he is a spine surgeon would he look into my matter but all my doubts got vanished once i started conversing with the doc... He spent a lot of time listening to all my Questions and cleared all my doubts.. I surely would recommend Dr. Mazaharey.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Great physician. Very knowledgeable and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Iam highly recommending Dr. Mazahery , he treated my mother's L3 burst fracture that previously being dx as muscular bruising by another doctor in the same practice.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

Dr. B Thomas Mazahery's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA