Ratings for Dr. Mary Ann Werz

Went to see her for neurological disturbances that I thought might be seizures. She ordered an EEG for me, and after I took it, I received a nasty surprise in the form of a huge medical bill. The procedure, as she coded it, hadn't been covered by insurance. I contacted her to appeal or change the coding--she had coded it incorrectly--and could not reach her. I even went to her office in person, as well as calling several times. Then I get a letter saying she's switched to a different hospital. To me, she typifies the type of doctor who is smart but doesn't really see the people behind the diagnosis, and recommends lots of procedures without regard to what they might cost. Would never go back to her, or the neurology office.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I wouldn't recommend Werz to a rodent. Mary Ann Werz is now with UW of Madison. I was referred to neurology and the specific doctor I was referred to was booked pretty far out. Instead I saw Werz. The visit was terrible. She had no clue who I was, didn't even know my name when I was there. She asked what brought me in today, as if it were some casual visit. I have been having some issues with questionable MRIs and spells of dizziness for a couple of years. I asked her if she had the chance to look over my records and she immediately got defensive and replied with, "Um, that's what I am doing right now, can you just hold on?" as she was trying to open up the computer but couldn't remember her password and her badge wasn't working. I couldn't believe how incredibly rude she was. My husband quietly asked me if we'd like to leave but I said no. After 5 minutes or so of Werz fumbling around on the computer I just began to tell her everything that has been going on for the last 18-months. She never maintained eye contact and I felt like she wasn't listening at all. She cut me off mid-sentence and asked me to sit on the table so she could evaluate me. After she was done with her tests she told me to exercise more and I will start to feel better -- that was all I needed to do. Please note: I was seeing a neurologist because an MRI indicated several spots of inflammation found within my brain and my CSF came back with elevated levels of protein. Aside from that, I am otherwise healthy and fit. She never answered any of my questions, never addressed me by name and was very rude throughout the entire appointment. After it was over my husband asked me if we should file some sort of complaint for how uncongenial she was during our visit. I said no and that I would just go to Mayo. I cannot believe UW would allow a doctor like Werz on their staff. My appointment with Werz was in March of 2017. It is now June 2017 as I write this. Today, I just received a letter stating that I missed my appointment in March and therefore, "In the future we ask that you notify our office within 24 hours in advance is you are unable to keep your appointment as scheduled." Signed by Werz. This letter is referring to the date that I met with Werz. My hope is that UW will clean up its staff and soon.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Werz helped me when I was misdiagnosed by another doctor/hospital system with epilepsy. She ran tests to confirm the diagnosis and found the diagnosis was incorrect. When dealing with life transforming diagnosis, she took the time and care to validate. In my case it turned out she saved me from the misdiagnosis and I am no longer on epileptic drugs. I am very thankful for her.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

Would never let her take my blood pressure let alone worry about my head.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this woman to anyone in my family, or my circle of friends, not even for a band-aid.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. Mary Ann Werz's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Commercial Insurance Company