Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Dow

I was treated by Dr. Dow in October 2014 at Alaska Regional Hospital-Emergency Room. Dr. Dow came into my ER room within minutes of me arriving. I was being seen for a rather embarrassing issue with problems following a colorectal surgery. She was extremely kind, caring, compassionate, not to mention extremely throughout with her exam. She immediately took steps to correct my medical issue as well as immediately addressed and treated my horribly severe pain. Within 30 minutes of being in the ER I was completely comfortable out of pain, finally calm and not crying, and had a diagnosis for my medical problem. Dr. Dow took a personal interest in me as her patient. She offered consoling words and at one point during my distress, she held my hand and let me know everything was going to be ok, that she was on it. She came into my er room personally to check on me and offer assistance, which is very very rare for an er doctor to do. Upon discharge from the er, I was finally out of pain, as comfortable as I could have possibly been given my medical issue. She discharged me with a complete home care plan and the appropriate medication to ease my pain and discomfort due to my medical problem. I left the ER with a plan knowing I was going to get better. Dr. Dow is by far THE BEST ER doctor Alaska Regional Hospital has on it's staff. Dr. Dow is the best doctor I have been seen by. If I happen to need ER services again, I will request and try to ensure I am admitted to the ER under her direct care.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Jennifer Dow's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1994)